Can you identify these cars ?

Thought this was great fun, thanks to kevin for posting.

can anyone else do something similar, be great to have a series of these thought provoking,

'Posts that bring some light relief'

John.

1 hour ago, Lebro said:

My Dad had a Renault Dauphine, & it was the first car I was allowed to drive, albeit off road.

Took my test in his next car which was an Renault R8

Bob.

Couple of Guys used to rally a very pretty Dauphine back in the 90’s.. On one Tulip they rolled it spectacularly, both were fine, the car however just looked... well... more rounded.

6 hours ago, glasgow4a said:

The vehicle on the end is a Standard Vanguard estate, a mate in Keighley ownes one, cheers Ian

Not sure I can agree with you on that, the Vanguard estate doesn't have its number plate mounted in the bumper and it doesn't have the rear door hinged on the LHS

Rgds Ian

3 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Not sure I can agree with you on that, the Vanguard estate doesn't have its number plate mounted in the bumper and it doesn't have the rear door hinged on the LHS

Rgds Ian

Tend to agree Ian. The Vanguard also has a housing for number plate light, maybe tailgate lock in the centre of the boot? And as you point it’s lower tailgate section is hinged at the bottom and has a pull handle for the top half..quite different.

E19AD2FD-1CCA-4B13-8D8C-E6F00291DEDD.jpeg

If you look at the number plate in the bumper and the door handle on the right with hinges on the left the Opel has them all. If it looks like a duck and quack like a duck it’s a duck perhaps.

or am I looking at the wrong vehicle 

Edited by Derek Hurford
1 hour ago, stillp said:

I'm not so sure about the estate being an Opel Rekord.

Well here is another picture I found of it - this time an actual estate rather than a van - Opel Olympia Rekord 

1441721978_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.31b1493c41ae47d877e9ba5610e17130.jpg

1 hour ago, RobH said:

Well here is another picture I found of it - this time an actual estate rather than a van - Opel Olympia Rekord 

1441721978_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.31b1493c41ae47d877e9ba5610e17130.jpg

That's definitely it Rob.. Nailed!

At a glance it could easily be mistaken for a Standard Vanguard Estate or Ford Zephyr Estate. Strange it's only a two door?

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits
On 5/3/2020 at 11:04 AM, stillp said:

Right-clicked on the photo then clicked "Search Google for image". I use Chrome as my browser.

Pete,

I tried the right click thing but it did not work.

I use Firefox, maybe that’s why.

But, if anyone has the same problem:

If you type “Image search” into the Google search box you can select “Image search”

You then simply drag the image you have into the search box and it will find details of it’s web presence.

Charlie.