Hi to all hope everybody is well

Just finished scraping the undershild off the  inside of the wings as you can see from the photo some rust some areas still in primer .

should I treat it with a rust converter then primer if so which products is best I saw a post the other day and Stuart commented on using bonda rust does that go on to the rusted areas first .Also I’ve seen a couple of shells (under side) and inside wing areas coated in a black stuff that looks like under shield is there a modern equivalent? If so what do you use?

Kind regards John 

Edited by John h
Remove

For that I would use some Jenolite or Bild Hamber De-Ox to get the metal clean then apply Bondarust and then stone chip then prime then body colour then fit, waxoyl and forget.

Stuart.

Hi all had a shop around and found wilko was half the price of eBay £10 for 500ml only bought one should have got a few more at that price anyway not sure if wilko is a national store ? But is popular down south coast. Have used phosphoric acid before soaking some of the running gear and worked really well.didnt give it a thought to use it on the body.kind regards John 

1 hour ago, John h said:

Hi all had a shop around and found wilko was half the price of eBay £10 for 500ml only bought one should have got a few more at that price anyway not sure if wilko is a national store ? But is popular down south coast. Have used phosphoric acid before soaking some of the running gear and worked really well.didnt give it a thought to use it on the body.kind regards John 

Make sure you get rid of all of it before painting.

Stuart.