I HAVE A TR8 EFI CALIFORNIAN DELIVERY which will not rev pass 1200rpm it has spark to all cylinders, I did not start it for 4 months before that I it was OK.

Ken McGregor

Australia

Sorry Ken we have not come up with an answer to your issue.  Beyond using new fresh fuel perhaps.

Perhaps there is a similar question on the Rover SD1 site.  That car had essentially the same engine etc.

https://www.roversd1club.net/forum/faq.asp#search

Cheers

Peter W

Hi Ken

There are usually quite a few good experts on here, I'm sure you'll get some useful advice at some point.

I know nothing about a TR8 EFI and am reasonably basic about my 7, but if I experienced that my first thoughts would be timing.

If that TR8 came from California I bet it's totally rust free!

Mike.

Hi Ken, 

Four months seems about like a winter layover ?

You see modern fuels are very sensitive to standing around and lose a lot of their violative characteristics if not used over winter... say for a 4 months so Peters thoughts about filling with fresh fuel is a good idea and would be my first step.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the EFI has the flapper air meter. If so it could be jammed shut so you are only getting idle air flow. Should be able to remove it and clean out.

Could be the meter is not working electrically in which case it wont schedule the extra fuel so it would run lean. Might be able to clean up the contacts and wiper (inside not the connector pins),

Could also be the mice have eaten through the intake hose so its not sucking air through the meter at all.