TR250 cylinder head and manifolds

I have acquired an inlet manifold with twin SUs, apparently better than the TR250 manifold , and tubular exhaust manifolds. I had assumed that TR6 and TR250 all had the same basic head geometry.

I now know that TR250 inlet port spacing is smaller so the inlet manifold will not fit and that tubular manifolds do not fit because they foul the inlet manifold. So if I want to use the alternative manifolds I need a different head.

I have a chance of a Triumph 2000 head. Can I use this or will the compression ratio be too high?

Are thicker head gaskets a solution if compression is too high?

I probably should stay with the stock set up but 100HP seems a bit low for 2.5L, probably less than my MG

Thanks

Eddie

Eddy,

1) The heads but also blocks differ a bit. The later blocks have a recessed gasket, the earlier not. Different gasket is needed, that’s all. So gasket type is dependent of block, not head.
2) Compression will only be “too high” if the head is skimmed too much; the head thickness is a good indication for compression ratio, and I would certainly not reduce that, but increase CR as it helps to increase power. Adjust ignition accordingly.
3) Lots of info on here, prepare well before you start and familiarise yourselves with those little, easily overlooked details, because... the devil...  is in the detail:blink:.
Waldi