Electrics - Rear Plate Lights

I recently had the rear bumper of my TR6 re-chromed & took the "precaution" of taking several photos when I disconnected the plate lights attached to the bumper.  I've just had the bumper back after almost 2 months but I appear to have forgotten a few of the wiring details.  The single wire in picture 3 & 4 is the same wire.  The male portion of picture 3 has been reinserted as per photo 2 but the female portion in photo 4 remains unattached.  All the plate lights operate correctly.  Can anyone advise the purpose of the unused/disconnected wire please?

Many thanks.

Neal

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_4909.JPG

Red is for the rear lights and number plate light.

Maybe this is work in progress but do not forget to improve the quality of the wiring:

1) install a rubber grommet in the sharp hole

2) correct the exposed copper in pic 2.

3) shield the wiring so it cannot be damaged by luggage, spare-wheel, - cover etc. And also not by rubbing. Worth checking other locations too, it will reduce future issues.

Regards,
Waldi

Hi Neal,
The loom is poorly protected on that area, also when installed as original. Sharp edges of the rear valence can cut through the isolation, even more of the loom is not fixed to the body. So at every location where it contacted sharp edges I put a pvc sleeve, the type that is used for protecting wiring. I cut a section open longitudinally, folded it around the loom and then pulled a small tie-rap around it so it “closed” and could not move.

Better safe than sorry.
Waldi