TR5/6 glove box light

Can someone please confirm whether or not 5s had a light in the glove box please. I don' t think my previous 5 did. Project car has original glove box I think, complete with switch but no hole for the light and no wiring.

Bill Piggotts book suggests that their would have been a light.

Many thanks,

Tim

That's exactly what I wanted to hear!  Strange that Bill's book suggests that there was one fitted.

Many thanks all,

Tim

Does beg the question as to why the switch is there!

Tim

Oh! Just learnt something.

Cheers.

My TR5 has the bracket to mount the switch as shown in Peter's photo above. There is no switch, light or wiring visible, although the car may have had a new wiring harness when it was restored in 2000/01. I could certainly do with something to push the glovebox lid open!

Regards,

Denis

The lid on mine never opens on the first push but with a firmer second push it always open.

Cheers.

Tim

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very surprised to hear that the glovebox lights weren't fitted as standard.  My 5 came off the production line on the last day of production and is fitted with a glove box light.  It might have been an after market fitment but I had assumed they all had them.  My TR250 doesn't have one fitted, it has a mid-production run serial number.

Jim

4 hours ago, Jim F said:

Very surprised to hear that the glovebox lights weren't fitted as standard.  My 5 came off the production line on the last day of production and is fitted with a glove box light.  It might have been an after market fitment but I had assumed they all had them.  My TR250 doesn't have one fitted, it has a mid-production run serial number.

Jim

Hi Jim,

could they have been using TR6 parts on the production line during the transition from TR5 to TR6.  This appeared to have happen on the 4/4A

Roger