Lockdown curiosity

11 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Neil,

I wasn't aware of that.  I think having the original seal fitted correctly may give serious improvements.

If the problem persists than I will look into the double lip.

Thanks for that.

Roger

Im with Neil, always use the double lip seal, much better option.

Stuart.

Hello All

I always buy lip seals and Bearings from bearing stockists as they will offer you cheap stuff(if you want it?) or quality bearings and seals

I use double lip seals but I was under the impression the outer lip was to stop dirt getting to the sealing lip as it is engineered the opposite way!

Roger 

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Stuart,

the main TR parts suppliers do not appear to stock the double lip seals.

I assume I would need to go to a bearing and seal stockist   

Roger

Racetorations do.

Stuart.

19 minutes ago, RogerH said:

:o££££ 1/2 :P

Thank you Neil.

Roger

Your welcome Roger another tip put the nose in your lathe and skim the face it may surprise you how far out it is :oseen this many times can also cause sticky clutch.

3 minutes ago, ntc said:

Your welcome Roger another tip put the nose in your lathe and skim the face it may surprise you how far out it is :oseen this many times can also cause sticky clutch.

Hi Neil,

I can vouch for what you say. 5 years ago I had a very bad sticky clutch (Ratchet clutch).

I did check out the contact face for squareness which it was but the problem persisted. I found the problem and sorted it but mystifying all the same.

Roger

13 minutes ago, ntc said:

Put your nose in the lathe and skim your face !!!!!:o

Roger don’t do it !!!!!