Another contentious subject.....

53 minutes ago, Crawfie said:

So who made you the guru in biscuit etiquette ??

LIDLs Choccie Oaties are the best....

No one likes soggy nuts....

Cheese on McVities digestives us just....well sick. 

Choccie fix is the oatie followed by Chunky KitKat 

Garibaldi is just ....well dead flies in a sort of weird cracker thingy.

Not me Crawfie, honest!

Its the rules.

2 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Everyone knows that the best choc biscuits for dunking are bourbons.

And everyone else knows bourbons are awful, horrid things 

Just now, wjgco said:

And everyone else knows bourbons are awful, horrid things 

There can't be an "everyone else" if I have already stated "everyone"

Bourbon Bob.

Graham and I much prefer Chocolate Liebnitz, no good for dunking but heaven for nibbling all the chocolate away from the biscuit. They last so much longer that way.

Oaties / Hob knobs are really lovely ( chocolate free) and quite addictive but are beaten by M&S pastacio and almond cookies.   Simply the best.   

when I visited my parents a couple of months ago I was offered and tried Cadbury’s chocolate fingers.   Haven’t had one in 20 years and was surprised how nice it was.  I could see the suffering in my dads face when I had a few more as he wanted them all himself.  He’s quite a chocoholic.

Paul

Edited by PaulAnderson

How have we come so far with this thread without anyone mentioning one of Tunnocks selection of biscuits, plain chocolate tea cakes have everything, dark chocolate for nibbling off, marshmallow for indulgence and biscuit to round it off.

Dave  

51 minutes ago, DaveB66 said:

How have we come so far with this thread without anyone mentioning one of Tunnocks selection of biscuits, plain chocolate tea cakes have everything, dark chocolate for nibbling off, marshmallow for indulgence and biscuit to round it off.

Dave  

Yes......but the chocolate in the wafers is so thin now.....nothing to nibble off. 

You have all left me in a difficult situation.

I normally don't eat biscuits, because it is too difficult to stop, but dark chocolate Leibniz are unbeatable whether or not they are dunked.

I also agree that chocolate and cheese go very well together, as do strawberries and black pepper. And although I always add chocolate (85%) to my chilli, I really dislike chocolate that contains chilli. Finally about jaffa cakes, are they biscuits, or a cakes or something else entirely?

TT

2 minutes ago, tthomson said:

You have all left me in a difficult situation.

I normally don't eat biscuits, because it is too difficult to stop, but dark chocolate Leibniz are unbeatable whether or not they are dunked.

I also agree that chocolate and cheese go very well together, as do strawberries and black pepper. And although I always add chocolate (85%) to my chilli, I really dislike chocolate that contains chilli. Finally about jaffa cakes, are they biscuits, or a cakes or something else entirely?

TT

The great "is it " or "is it " debate on the Jaffa Cake.

It is not a biscuit....

It is a cake, as the name says.

Don't really know what else it could be Mr T !!

Biscuits go damp when they get old and senile

Cakes go dry when likewise aged

A Jaffa Cake does in fact go dry and hard when stale - thus it is a cake. 

The courts agree and so does the Tax man after their thieving court battle.

Roger

24 minutes ago, Tony_C said:

As always... Good point(s) very well made Roger.....

However...... Crawfie.... seeing as you started this entire debacle....... What have you got to say for yourself now?!

Well Mr T.....not a lot really !!

21 minutes ago, Tony_C said:

Aah OK... Fair enough... I suppose....

Did you all know it’s ‘ Wellness week’ / Be nice to someone......... Nearly Friday and I’ve not started yet, unless we count the above?

I didn't know you cared !!