Another contentious subject.....

After receiving ....ahem...a hammering about my comments about the apparently "brilliant " Sturgeon and her discredited finance minister by the really brave keyboard warrior .....( and the other hammering about my list of does and donts for having a happy marriage ....which i have , and the list was no worse that what comedians joke about on the telly etc .....by another brave forum person ) .....I've decided to really go for the "jugular " this time....

Hoping the mods are ready for all the complaints....

Here we go..

The best biscuit on the planet is the LIDL choccie oatie . There I've said it. 

Recently discovered by myself ..it is without doubt a fantastic product .

Edited by Crawfie
Addition to text

Mushroom fodder, Scottish shortbread the buttery biscuit solid as you bite into it, then the crumble before it melts in your mouth.

If you lightly dunk it, that is whole different experience as it absorbs the liquid without disintegration into the bottom of your cup. Mmmm :)

Dead fly biscuits? No thanks.

I'm with Derek for shortbread, or maybe plain digestives (but only the McVities originals - the own brand ones are too sweet). 

No you're talking rubbish  Milk Ballsen Choco Liebniz kept in the fridge so you can nibble the chocolate edges off first with a Mcvitie Milk chocolate digestive a close second 

7 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Hob Nobs!

They are the Marines of biscuits, dunk then for days,

they don't go soggy!

John.

Ah......John.. LIDLS do a non choccie oatie called Oaties (that's a surprise !!) which is similar the the Hib Nob....but better .

As Crawfie suggested and Also at the risk of being red marked I will venture an opinion. 

it has to be the original 

the McVitie’s milk chocolate digestive. 

yes there is a certain skill in dunking them. (This should only be in hot chocolate tho!)

but I find practice and technique is the answer. 

the more robust hobnob is ideal for the ammeter/ novice.

4 minutes ago, Hamish said:

the more robust hobnob is ideal for the ammeter/ novice.

I didn't know hob-nobs had currents.   (sorry)

40 minutes ago, Graham said:

No you're talking rubbish  Milk Ballsen Choco Liebniz kept in the fridge so you can nibble the chocolate edges off first with a Mcvitie Milk chocolate digestive a close second 

Nooooo! Has to be dark plain chocolate on both types but I agree otherwise.

2 minutes ago, RobH said:

I didn't know hob-nobs had currents.   (sorry)

Doh ! Been writing that all week ref my alternator upgrade:rolleyes:

Chocolate on a digestive with Stilton and port?. Individually yes Stilton with port yes but on a chocolate biscuit.

Firstly chocolate should be savoured allowed to melt in between the roof of your mouth and your tongue.  As should Stilton that’s why you place it on a dry biscuit so it doesn’t detract, not stick it on a semi sweet biscuit let alone one smothered in chocolate even dark chocolate, while swilling it down with a glass of port, not sure heavenly comes to mind.

Mick 

If you must have chocolate with alcohol dip a strawberry into melted chocolate dark preferably and partake in a glass of extra dry champagne.

Hello All

I think I must be strange as I think I like most of the above!

So if you want send me the ones you do not like I will dispose of them in an environmentally safe way

Roger

Edited by rogerguzzi
13 minutes ago, Derek Hurford said:

If you must have chocolate with alcohol dip a strawberry into melted chocolate dark preferably and partake in a glass of extra dry champagne.

No Derek,

Strawberries should be sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper, a flavour explosion.

Graham

2 hours ago, Peter V W said:

Biscuits!! Not on the ESSENTIAL shopping list!

Nobody should be buying biscuits.

I'm sorry Pete but I have to take you task on this.......

Biscuits are the cornerstone of civilisation. Life would be untolerable without a biccie of some sort. 

I know the sickos in here munch on lesser quality products ......but it is still a biccie.

Await the emperors signal of a "thumbs down" !!!!!

12 minutes ago, TorontoTim said:

Milk chocolate hob-nob. The only biscuit I miss living on another continent. 

So there. 

Tim,

I know LIDLs is in the States....but not sure about Canada. The chocolate oaties in our LIDLs are , in my opinion ,better than McVs.

Worth a look ...if you have a store. 

I’m not fussy, particularly when choices on the shop-shelves may be limited - any biscuits will do for me :)

......... Andy