Side window fitting

You have to tap it on, I bring the door glass inside and steady against the sofa spray a bit of hair spray to lubricate and gently tap it home with the glass upright (upside down).

You'll have to remove the door glass seals to put the glass back in, and I think undo the regulator so it's low enough to engage the channel. 

Gareth

Edited by Mk2 Chopper
Spelling

The channel might be very tight, I think I used a regular hammer, you kinda just get a feel for how much the glass can take whilst tapping it home. 

As long as the window is upright it's pretty strong. 

Gareth

Have been installing and de-installing the side windows on several occasions in the last week or so. Not sure why you are having problems with the runners not fitting the rail. That does sound as though there is a problem with the width of the rail. To fit my rollers on their runners I first undo the triangular fixing releasing the back half of the winder mechanism. I then get an assistant to lift the glass, lifting it a lot more at the back than the front so it slopes down at a steep angle. I then wind the window mechanism to about halfway until (with a bit of fiddling)  the front roller slides into the rail. Once the front roller is on, the back one slides on easily enough (you may need to slightly adjust the winder mechanism again). Having done it so many times in the last weeks we can manage to do it in a couple of minutes.

I wouldnt use lubricant or every time you try and wind the window down it will pull the rail off the bottom of the glass again. You need to get the rubber liner lined up correctly in the channel then with it all upright use a rubber hammer to drive the glass down into the channel, be careful you dont squash the winder regulator channel down when doing it. With it all upright you`d be surprised how hard you can thump the glass!

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thanks for all comments - have now got the window in the channel but not sure if the channel is in the right place as not being able to line up the rollers in the channel. Have given up for the day!

problem was the window had already come out of the channel before I took it apart so that’s why not sure if the channel is now in the right place.

finally does anyone have a picture of how the regulator spring fits- neglected to pay attention to this when it all came apart

appreciate the helpful suggestions

The bottom of the window has a type of cutout in it and as long as you 1. Have the channel pretty much in the middle and the glass all the way into the channel and 2. The channel on the right way round then you should be fine.

Stuart.