123TUNE Bluetooth

Greetings, oh sage ones.

I hope you are all safe, free of that wretched virus, and looking forward to the end if this dreadful lockdown.

In an attempt to get my engine ticking over smoothly, I have bought a 123TUNE distributor. Bluetooth for my supercharged CF. I can’t get the engine to run. The problem appears to be that at firing time, the rotor is not adjacent to a terminal in the distributor cap, but about halfway between two terminals.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did they address it?

Many thanks,

Austin

Hi Austin

i fitted the same distrib to my ‘normal’ tr6 a couple of years ago and its worked perfectly.

perhaps you installed it a tooth out on the drive cog?

steve

4 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

perhaps you installed it a tooth out on the drive cog?

steve

Yes, but you cannot alter the position on the rotor In the dizzy if you have left the geared drive shaft below the dizzy untouched. The dizzy timing compared to the drive shaft is fixed by the “off-centre spit pin”. It can only be installed in one way.

Waldi

57 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Yes, but you cannot alter the position on the rotor In the dizzy if you have left the geared drive shaft below the dizzy untouched. The dizzy timing compared to the drive shaft is fixed by the “off-centre spit pin”. It can only be installed in one way.

Waldi

I think you’re right. The spark is generated inside the dizzy, and the position of the drive shaft relative to the body will always be the same.

14 hours ago, Austin Branson said:

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did they address it?

yes....but mine was an existing distributor with an 123 installed in order to keep the mechanical tacho...the base plate was wrongly installed. after that, rotor was in perfect position to a terminal.

I had the same issue Jochem had but on a standard dizzy. The knurled nut on the dizzy did not provide enough travel to get the rotor and lead-terminals to line up at the moment of ignition. I never understood why but Peter (from Germany) provided the answer. He built a tester himself so has a very thorough understanding of our ignition systems. Did not tell above because I thought it was not relevant.

But forgot what I did to solve it exactly;)

Waldi