Hi - for obvious reasons, finally getting round to doing those bits and pieces Ive been meaning to do for ages... I'm looking for replacement door seals for my DHC, the originals now are not watertight. What replacements seals are recommended? Any advice from those that have tried and tested alternatives would be very helpful.

Many thanks

Frank

Hi Frank

I've replaced mine in the past as the originals were flattening and disintegrating. I didn't look into various products and just bought some standard ones from Rimmers which did the job and improved the looks.

My 7 is stored up a few miles away at the moment so unlike you I'm not being lucky enough to enjoy getting it ready for the road again.

Nice to talk about it though!!

Hi Mike, many thanks for your reply.

Given that the original pattern seals are not available any more to my knowledge, I would have thought there may have been a few more comments on this as there are a number of suppliers of door seals around!!  And I bet not all of them work brilliantly for the TR7... Has nobody tried any others?

Here’s hoping!

Frank

• 2 months later...

I’m just bringing this out again, hopefully somebody out there can provide an answer. The door aperture seals for the tr7 dhc are no longer available. Rimmers and Robsport can offer no suitable alternative. Robsport say that trim they’ve tried to use as a replacement doesn’t work and can only recommend pursuing with the old. Surely someone amongst our members has tried something with positive results? 
Thanks

Frank

Hello Frank

I had this problem last year, no nos on eBay but I did find a guy in Australia who had got the FHC door seals made using Japanese and German extrusions. They were not cheap and then there was the postage from down under but they look great and fit well. The pointy top corners are spot on and fully welded/glued like the originals. I have sent him a message via eBay to see if he still has some and he does!

if you are on eBay you can find him via the community tab at the bottom of the my eBay page. You need to search for.  tzorzo

Good luck and start saving up.

Cheers  Laurence.