I Want Some White Spirit

I need some white spirit. What can go wrong.

I know B&Q are operating on click&collect only. So onto their website.  They have a 1.5 hour queue on the website.

I eventually get on. I can see the product and they have stock.   Can I put it into the basket - can I hell.   It doesn't say I can;t have it but I can;t get at it.

So look at Wickes. They have stock. Can I get it into the basket   aaarrrggghhhh. So I register. Still no luck   aaarrrggghhhhh

OK- on to ScrewFix. I have to register.  They have stock but only do 2Ltr bottles.   I have placed a click& collect order and it says it will be ready in a few minutes - I'm not sure I believe it.

I shall pop along in 1/2 hour and se what could possibly be wrong.

Roger

Hi Folks,

my local industrial fastener store came up trumps with 6 blue paper rolls.  Phoned in the order and there they were.

ScrewFix also came up trumps.   Do an on-line click and collect. Go to shop with the order number and there it was.

Not sure what B&Q are playing at.

Roger 

I've struggled for White Spirit too. Screwfix tried to send me to nearest branch with stock, nearly 20 miles away!

I'm not that keen. "Sorry Darling, I can't start that decorating because I've got nothing to clean the paint brushes with."  "Ok, throw the brushes away and buy new ones!"

Dave McD

23 hours ago, Dave McDonald said:

I'm not that keen. "Sorry Darling, I can't start that decorating because I've got nothing to clean the paint brushes with."  "Ok, throw the brushes away and buy new ones!"

Hot soapy water does a good job of cleaning brushes. (Sorry)

Pete

20 minutes ago, stillp said:

Hot soapy water does a good job of cleaning brushes. (Sorry)

Maybe for that water-based c**p that passes for paint nowadays. In my experience you need white spirits for the proper oil-based stuff. 

You need stronger detergent Rob!

In the seventies I was a Tech College technician, and we had a Painting & Decorating department; the technician there used Fairy liquid to clean the brushes, and that was proper linseed oil based paint.

Pete

In my experience water cleans brushes after applying primer but undercoat and gloss need proper White Spirit. I tried cleaning brushes with water last week after undercoating and got into a right mess.

White Spirit acquired today from Home Bargains so the decorating continues.

Dave McD