A post & windscreen seals

Hi

I’ve bought the thinner of the two seals available, which is a P shaped profile. 
See photo. Am I right in thinking the window sits INSIDE the round part of the seal as shown?

I can sort of understand that it would be sealed on the outside by this, and on the inside by the door frame rubber but wanted to check. 

Secondary question is: My right hand window is rattling against the windscreen frame top cap when shutting the door. Is this because I have the window coming up higher than it should? I can’t see how the door frame rubber could stop the window hitting the cap given it’s tucked inside the windscreen cap. 

Thanks

Mark

78E243AF-7959-4843-9A4E-2B3AB00ED2A2.jpeg

Yes the glass does sit inside the "P" . How high does the window go in relation to the hood? It looks like the glass maybe angled a bit too far in as well, the capping end looks a lot wider than original too.

Stuart.

My window was touching my capping on the drivers side. With a combination of trying to angle it better and adjusting the window height stop and checking that didn't make it too low to the hood, I've got it about right. 

I've yet to fit the P seals and will get some on my next parts order.

Gareth

IMG_20200418_115303_414.thumb.jpg.1408c5ba0101d5af052eeec27e3edfa8.jpg

If your winder is rattling in the most upper position, it could be end of the toothed section or a worn tooth. Do you have the end-stop installed and set?

Waldi

Thanks all. 
Waldi.  it’s not the winder it’s just the top of the window clashing with the r.h.s. Windscreen cap (slightly). 
Paul and Gareth. Will take a look. Thanks

Stuart. No hood or hood frame on at present. Windscreen cap is from TR shop. 
looking at it again, the inside of frame (that the door seal sits on) is bent in a little. I think with a bit of tweaking in can get the window to hit rubber (of the door seal) rather than metal on closing. Will also tweak a little as Gareth did. 

Thanks again. Love this forum. 

Do you know the size of the thin seals Mark, the diameter of them?

I'm trying to work out which size I need. 

Thanks

Gareth

Edited by Mk2 Chopper
Correction
14 hours ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

Do you know the size of the thin seals Mark, the diameter of them?

I'm trying to work out which size I need. 

Thanks

Gareth

Hi Gareth. Sorry about the delay. 
Diameter is about 8 mm. Maybe 7.5

Width is about 24mm

They came from TR Shop. photos attached. 
regards,Mark

B3CAEAD9-906B-4308-9107-1B0D3293619D.jpeg

D5DE62A1-75AD-4D1C-8079-E2F034F35915.jpeg

ECC0F21B-67E5-4FAA-9495-3EDFA614C332.jpeg

Thanks Mark, appreciate you doing that.

So my understanding is the door glass goes between the door seal and this P seal, so when you shut the door with the glass wound right up, it has to push pass the P seal? 

My gaps are not that even down the windscreen frame even after playing around with the door glass/regulator, I'm thinking of using the thin seals just to complete the look of that area rather than have it totally sealed and correct with the thicker seals as that might make it harder to shut the doors. 

Finally is it possible to jam the the P seal into the windscreen capping to hide the open end? 

Gareth

Edited by Mk2 Chopper
More detail
33 minutes ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

Thanks Mark, appreciate you doing that.

So my understanding is the door glass goes between the door seal and this P seal, so when you shut the door with the glass wound right up, it has to push pass the P seal? 

My gaps are not that even down the windscreen frame even after playing around with the door glass/regulator, I'm thinking of using the thin seals just to complete the look of that area rather than have it totally sealed and correct with the thicker seals as that might make it harder to shut the doors. 

Finally is it possible to jam the the P seal into the windscreen capping to hide the open end? 

Gareth

Yes I think that’s right. But only because that’s the original question I asked and Stuart helpfully replied!

i haven’t glued them on yet but I think they just butt up against the cap- it’s just the door seal that tucks in. But I’m sure people more knowledgeable than me will correct me. 
On mine, the gap is about 5 or 6 mm which means (I think) it should close ok. Like you, one of them is not quite parallel. But not by much. I might try adjusting windscreen frame - haven’t decided yet as it’s marginal. 

Thanks for the reply Mark,

I'll keep an eye on this thead and see if anymore information or pictures come along. 

Gareth