Hi to all hope you’re all well and safe little advice please as you can see from the photos the top edge of the rear wing the lip is completely shot so the face of the wing is very thin and it’s gone in holes  in some places confident I can replace the lip but what to do about the holes on the face top edge rear wing  any suggestions welcome I’m thinking I can spot weld a small strip on the underside and then try and weld up the face or cut sections and replace metal accordingly or should I forget that idea  and go for lead work kind regards John.

Edited by John h
Remove

Judging by the state of that I would be inclined to cut it out and weld new in, you`ll need to go over the edge with the repair as trying to weld on the edge maybe more problematic for warping. probably better to do it in sections rather than one piece .

Stuart.

Ok thanks Stuart I’ll have a go at cutting out sections and replacing will let you know how it goes done the valance area on the same wing and that looks okay but the face of the wing was in better shape 

Yeah my car is like triggers broom i bought a incomplete project.big mistake. All four wings are off a tr 5 this one is the worst so if I can patch this one up I’ll be happy to have a go at the others kind regards John 

The facebook link doesn't work.

Mick Richards

Hi To all  well I’ve had a go don’t think it’s turned out to bad quite pleased with it top leading edge a bit of heat distortion but nothing  that can’t be sorted am I right in thinking that the 4 A Doesn’t have the indicator on the lower part of the wing  if so I’ll have to weld it up wanted to just check before I started welding 

Edited by John h
50 minutes ago, John h said:

Hi To all  well I’ve had a go don’t think it’s turned out to bad quite pleased with it top leading edge a bit of heat distortion but nothing  that can’t be sorted am I right in thinking that the 4 A Doesn’t have the indicator on the lower part of the wing  if so I’ll have to weld it up wanted to just check before I started welding 

1C863FD7-78A1-4075-B472-E799C78C0337.jpeg

73155213-6276-4B05-8DEC-B85FC39C4D7D.jpeg

For a 4a you will have to delete those lower holes.

Stuart.