Hi all,

something has changed on my TR Reg Forum Pages on my ancient I pad.

I no longer have the reply to topic box, no idea why, anyone help, desktop is fine.

Photo is what I now have.

John.160409972_surreyandipad006take3.jpg.2c145a4584c8da340b4ac26b918ac91a.jpg

Hi John,

I cannot help you much, but I can still see a “reply to this topic” box on my Iphone.

I assume you have closed all your open applications? I once had issues that were related to that, apparently the IOS (the operating system on my phone) got stuck.

Waldi

Try doing a hard reset on the I-pad,ie switch it completely of then switch on again by pressing the two buttons simultaneously until you Get the Apple Logo.

its like re-booting a desktop.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SuzanneH
8 minutes ago, SuzanneH said:

Try doing a hard reset on the I-pad,ie switch it completely of then switch on again by pressing button until you Get the Apple Logo.

its like re-booting a desktop.

Hope this helps.

That's exactly what I do on my ancient I-pad. Sorted out my problems.

Silly question perhaps John -  but have you logged in?  Could that page be read-only for non-members ?

Edited by RobH

I would suggest :

a) Reboot as described above

b) Ensure you are logged in

c) Ensure your iPad / Safari has installed the relevant updates. To find these, open the App store , select updates and just allow to update all. Then under General settings also update you IOS. 

The forum software is constantly updated to ensure it keeps up with the new releases and requirements from browsers, but sometimes that means that the older versions get left behind.  

In addition to the sensible advice above, it is often worth installing (at least 1) alternative browser on the device in order to confirm whether there is a browser incompatibility.

Sensible choices to complement Safari are Firefox and Chrome - both available for free from the App Store.

...... Andy