Exhaust system

I have a rather modified TR6 with a 2.7 litre engine and 3xWeber DOCE 45. Gives me about 160 bhp at rear. I use a single pipe exhaust (5,25") with a Phoenix Manifold and one silencer.  I used that since 2003 but now I am a little tired about the high level of sound. How much power will I lose if I still have the Phoenix Manifold but use a Standard look Sport silencer?   Or, someone have some good I idea what to do?

Phoenix themselves manufacture a standard looking back box, I don’t know if they’ll sell it without the intermediate pipe but it looks the same. You can see it on the TRshop site.

Yes. I have seen that at the TR Shop. Phoenix Manifold, Adaptor with "Duoble SS" Standard rear silencer. $785. That is what I perhaps can change to but how much power will I miss? I think that this system must be a little quieter.

I have that back box with the Phoenix manifold. Its slightly noisier than the standard stainless system but probably quieter than what you've got. I've got a y converter from the manifold to the usual twin pipes going into the box but I think you can get one with a single inlet.

I bought it directly from Phoenix who were very helpful and made it to order.

Cheers Daz

16 minutes ago, nylen said:

Yes. I have seen that at the TR Shop. Phoenix Manifold, Adaptor with "Duoble SS" Standard rear silencer. $785. That is what I perhaps can change to but how much power will I miss? I think that this system must be a little quieter.

No, they also sell Phoenix twin exit back box with a single inlet pipe, same as you have today, it’s on the same site.

Edited by iani
1 hour ago, DRD said:

I have that back box with the Phoenix manifold. Its slightly noisier than the standard stainless system but probably quieter than what you've got. I've got a y converter from the manifold to the usual twin pipes going into the box but I think you can get one with a single inlet.

I bought it directly from Phoenix who were very helpful and made it to order.

Cheers Daz

That's exactly the exhaust setup I have on my '6, with the Phoenix 6-3-1 manifold. It sounds good, certainly a bit louder than standard after settling in, but not as loud as a straight through, and not loud enough to be a pain in a long run.

Initially it was quieter but 'opened up' and got a bit louder over the first 500 miles or so.

Nigel

On 4/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, Andy Moltu said:

The standard look sports silencer is possibly as loud as the single straight through option.

I Just fitted the big bore rear silencer coming from wheel barrow style. It's louder in my opinion, but I quite like that! 

Gareth