Hi everyone hope everybody is safe if you take a look at the pictures of my post I took off the face panel which had been gas welded  spot welded on the front edge then found another piece of metal welded to the inner wing any ideas as to why this three layers of metal the other B post passenger-side  is gas welded at the front edge the same  also look at the shape of the metal that goes towards the top page or to be post is it just a piece of metal that was  put in there at a later date and if so why ? Kind regards John 

Edited by John h
Photos didn’t upload

The "B" post and inner wing sections should all be spot welded together so someone has been in there before you. Not sure which bit your on about but there is several panels coming together there, Its never a good idea to remove all of the "B" post in one go as youve now lost your datum points.

Stuart.

Yeah I I realise that now  i’ve got a bit carried away the reason for taking it all off in the first place was the body wasn’t sitting properly on the chassis measured between the  two b Posts and it was  44 1/2 inches  and the rear wing wasn’t sitting right  The line along the top edge of the rear wing had about a 10mm gap in the middle once I got the post out of the way I could see the inner wing was bent out of line.i  I think I started wrong and it got worse and worse from there on in so took it  back to the start took the sills  off I think when I start replacing bits and I’ll have to tech  screw them on temporary in order to try and get the  positions write again  . The good news is that the body is now sitting better on the chassis so will make a start from there I think it will take me quite some time but seem to have a lot of that just  lately got to track down some new panels any suggestions who is the best suppliers ? Kind regards John 

We have been through this last week in another post for inner wing recommendations. The rear inner wings arent correct and last one I fitted had to be cut into several pieces to enable it to fit.

Stuart.

691086548_photobd66.thumb.JPG.6a52d319d5acd3dd9a07f8d47ed00da1.JPG