Works TR4 Replica for Auction (one day)

• 3 weeks later...

Bit more info. gone up on EBW656A for those interested. Nice to see some better pictures too!

https://themarket.co.uk/listings/triumph/tr4/7c4363f0-2983-4207-827c-dba127a5466c?status=preview

Just for clarity, the car is the only TR4 that I know of to have participated in the rally stage on the Goodwood FOS, so if this isn't the case I'd be pleased to know. 

Regards

Tony

Interesting that Evan extended the fuel tank rearwards, so as to add some 6 gallons, but he recognised the problem of installing a spare wheel.  I have 5.5J TR6 wheels on 4VC, and can only just squeeze the spare wheel into the boot with a 165 tyre - quite impossible with anything larger.  Evan cut away part of the rearward extension of the tank in the centre so that he could get in a spare with a larger tyre.

This car has lots of really useful additions and modifications which make it more usable and reliable, and its record proves that it was no slouch in the 1990s.  Methinks that it's a good starting point for anyone contemplating historic rallying.

Ian Cornish

9 hours ago, Waldi said:

LHD is great for me Hamish. 
Cheers, 
Waldi

Waldi it’s ideal :D

so don’t stop bidding .....

Come on, Tim - start compiling your list of compelling reasons why you surely MUST have a second TR4 over here for your visits.  

Here's a start:

- it's a TR4 (best of the TRs)

- it's LHD (with which you are very familiar)

- it's modified and proven

Over to you!

Ian Cornish

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Quicksilver said:

a lot of car for 26500  (i think a bargain for that  rally TR4 )

Superb car! Everything done. Plus heaps of history. Congrats!!:)

That’s a bloody good buy. 
does that include the buyers premium. ( if there is one on that site. )

Hi all

Yes sold, deposit paid so it will change hands. The new owner has got an awful lot of car for the money and the history and provenance of EBW656A is really special. It will be great to see it out being used and also have a have a new TR4 owner out rallying.

Thanks all for your interest.

Regards

Tony