Rear Bulb Holders

Hi All

Not sure if this is a coincidence but having just changed to LED bulbs my rear lights don't really work unless I fiddle with the bulb holder.

All seemed to work ok on filament bulbs but not so now.

Everything has been cleaned and refurbed not long ago and literally all i've done since is change the bulbs.

So thinking it may be something to do with the current going through the LED's or i just need new holders.

Given i've read about the poor quality of bulb holders any recomendations about who supplies decent holders or a trick to get them to work reliably.

Cheers  Keith

After much frustration with random dodgy earths on the rear lights i modified the holders to add new earths, as picpost-9473-0-17170100-1525246370_thumb.jpeg

these end in ring terminals that bolt down under the rear light fixings

this has improved light reliability considerable, although i’ve not tried leds

steve

Edited by Steves_TR6

I soldered the copper contact to the edge of the earthing/spring clip and made sure the edges where it inserts are clean. This seemed to be a weak point of contact both mechanically and for dirt to reduce the conductivity. NB new ones are problematic too.

319FC03B-9E79-4640-9D97-39019FA4781B_1_105_c.jpeg

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the replies.

Realised that the earthing for the rear ligths is a weak point just wasn't sure if the mega low wattage of the LED's made that worse or not.

But anyway looks like this approach of soldering an earth wire on is the way to go rather than relying on the spring clips for the earth.

An afternoon soldering here we come.

Cheers  Keith