In situ

two.jpg

7 minutes ago, Phil H 4 said:

Thanks Alan,

Ian, blue lighting looks good.

My existing set up has the Temperature gauge on the right.

What is the correct layout before I reassemble.

Phil

Sorry Phil, you need to move your gauges round, the fuel should be on the right. Blue lighting is correct for CP cars, certainly early models, mine had green lights when I bought it but the blue LED's look much better.

4 minutes ago, iani said:

Sorry Phil, you need to move your gauges round, the fuel should be on the right. Blue lighting is correct for CP cars, certainly early models, mine had green lights when I bought it but the blue LED's look much better.

I agree, that's how my CP-series '6 dash is. Also confirmed in Bill Piggott's 'Original Triumph TR4/4A/5/6' book, on pages 49-51 if you have a copy to hand.

By the way Ian, the reading on your temp gauge looks a little on the exciting side of normal!

Nigel

Just now, Nigel Triumph said:

I agree, that's how my CP-series '6 dash is. Also confirmed in Bill Piggott's 'Original Triumph TR4/4A/5/6' book, on pages 49-51 if you have a copy to hand.

By the way Ian, the reading on your temp gauge looks a little on the exciting side of normal!

Nigel

It's an 88C thermostat, nothing wrong with that reading, the electric fan would shortly kick in and bring it down a bit, when moving it wouldn't get this high.

Having seem Ian's illuminations :blink: whilst I have Green from Classic Car LED's I'm going to order Blue.

Anyone need some Green ones for the postage PM me. Spec below.

Phil

12VT10CANGR_1GLB504 T10 LED Capless Wedge Bulbs Classic Car Gauge Dashboard

2 hours ago, iani said:

Hi interesting you mention blue lighting for instruments on early 6 .I have never come across this .Both the 5 I had & my now 69  six have been clear. Chris

1 hour ago, heckler said:

Hi interesting you mention blue lighting for instruments on early 6 .I have never come across this .Both the 5 I had & my now 69  six have been clear. Chris

If you look here - https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr6-tech-forum.2/dashboard-bulb-color.1442535/ you will see a screenshot of a 1969 dealer brochure which clearly states blue lighting. I looked into it when I took my fuel gauge apart and found it had a blue plastic filter covering the light bulb, I'm sure the original bulb would have been clear but the light  would have been blue due to the filter.

Edited by iani
14 hours ago, heckler said:

Thanks for that ,I wonder could it have been more for export cars . Is yours a uk car ?

UK car

18 hours ago, Nigel Triumph said:

Nigel

Well spotted Nigel, he may have the wrong sender unit in his car or the original is on the way out. I had that trouble before I got the right one?

Bruce.

Just taken the Rev counter apart and it has green filters I assume original the bulbs were white and the filters provided the colour.

Don't suppose  there's any issue in removing the filters if using coloured LED's ?

P.S. Spare green LED's have now gone...