Bullet connectors on TR4 loom

I am about to modify my loom (bird’s nest) between the front lamps on my TR4 having recently fitted a stainless front rad shroud and converted my headlamps to led.
The existing bullet connectors are solder type. At the moment I only have crimp type connectors in stock and only the single tube type (cheapo).

I would prefer to crimp as my soldering skills leave a lot to be desired and this article lists all the pros and cons https://millennialdiyer.com/articles/motorcycles/electrical-repair-crimp-or-solder/

Many of the wires are too long so I want to tidy them up and tape them in a loom or conduit. I would appreciate advice on what is the best system but please don’t ask me to solder.
I will probably need to order a decent crimping tool as mine is a multi tool type and fine for cutting and stripping.  

4DB28FFA-9B1F-4BF7-9D04-62742254840B.jpeg.47339e4555f77e13d562e3774a469dc2.jpegI’m also unsure of which size of fittings to order and where I measure them with my micrometer. 

Any advice will be gratefully received 

Andy

Hi Andy, shortening the wires will at least get rid of the ends where corrosion creeps up from the bullets. Just make sure the part you crimp is cleaned up well. 

I would use loomwrap tape, non adhesive to cover the loom as you can easily change the routing if needed. I would also leave the new female bullit connectors outside of the wrapping so they can be cleaned or replaced in the future without unwrapping the whole loom. I've replaced the female ones  on my 4A twice in 24 years.

AES are a useful source of many parts www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk

Chris 

The coloured crimp terminals (red, blue & yellow) are good if used with a good ratcheting crimper.  The blue size of bullet crimp terminals fit the original bullet sockets well.

Bob.

5 hours ago, Lebro said:

The coloured crimp terminals (red, blue & yellow) are good if used with a good ratcheting crimper.  The blue size of bullet crimp terminals fit the original bullet sockets well.

Bob.

In these times when we can’t inspect or try before we buy can you recommend a particular make of ratcheting crimper? They all claim to be excellent quality. I’m tempted to buy a kit so as not to run short of connectors. I don’t want to spend a fortune but equally don’t want to buy rubbish. 
Andy