Hi Troops - looking at replacing my vent lid as i think it’s too rusty to save unfortunately.   I’ve searched the forum and seen the 2018 posts about poor quality fit of the part 705242 which is currently out of stock at Rimmer and Moss anyway.   I also noted that the TR Shop seal is a better fit.   Just wondered if anyone knows of another vent lid supplier/has one for sale? 

just to update you on my last post, thank you for all your input:  as rs components didn’t have 85 deg bi-metallic thermostats, an open at +70 was fitted at the bottom of the rad and an open at 90 deg was fitted at the top.  My engineer had already fitted a Spal electric blow fan, he’d  removed the original fan. The electric fan is automatic, only works when needed but there’s a manual override so the fan can be run without the engine running for testing.  Worked brilliantly for Angeloume last year but ran out of time to get the gauge to read correctly. It’s a good feeling to have a correctly working gauge after 10 years!

Keep safe and well everyone

Christine

Hi John -  if you could have a look and get back to me with further details that would be great. 

Thanks for the info Drew, I found it ok, what did we do before 'copy and paste' !

Cheers for now

Christine

Hi John - wondered if you had managed to find the vent lid in the depths of your garage? Have you got sidetracked by some other interesting finds :) 

Christine