TR4a rear overrider support brackts

Hi Guys,

I believe that the rear over riders on the TR4a have support brackets. These from the Moss catalogue are part numbers 616120 (LH) and 616121 (RH). Apparently different to the TR4 arrangement.

These are currently NCA, and there was only remnants of these on my over riders, just the end on the over rider, the bracket having been twisted off!

Can anybody provide a picture of these support brackets and perhaps dimensions. Pretty sure something can be made up given this information.

Thanks 

Rich

Morning Rich  photo below shows overdrive brackets 49. 56. I do not have them on my TR4a, I have just had a look at the car and there are no fixing points on the overrides. Others may be along with a better answer than mine soon.

Mike Redrose Group 

B1F442AC-DD02-4B6B-AFA4-10E074DBC748.jpeg

2 hours ago, brenda said:

Whoops photo below shows rear bumper 10. 67. I don’t have front or back. 

Mike. Redrose group 

A05EF24F-7306-4A16-8ADB-EE31213AA3B2.jpeg

4a only has them on the rear, theyre relatively easy to make from tube cut lengthways if you cant get any.

Stuart.

Rich - had a hunt around and found a handed pair which as Stuart says could be made, albeit not easy to replicate exactly.

Hopefully photos below with the measurements will help - if you haven't got these bits, have you got all the other brackets - there are 2 each side and have you also got the wing support brackets which I'm guessing the nearside one is number 28 in the diagram above although you can't see the numbers - these are handed as well .

Hope this helps

Cheers  Rich

IMG_3156 - Resized.JPG

IMG_3157 - Resized.JPG

IMG_3158 - Resized.JPG

IMG_3159 - Resized.JPG

IMG_3160 - Resized.JPG

The overrider support brackets in your pictures are not in fact a pair Rich. The brackets used on the 4A and 5 have a smaller U section than those on the TR4. The lower bracket in your first picture is from a 4 and the upper one a later car.

Tim

20 hours ago, tim hunt said:

The overrider support brackets in your pictures are not in fact a pair Rich. The brackets used on the 4A and 5 have a smaller U section than those on the TR4. The lower bracket in your first picture is from a 4 and the upper one a later car.

Tim

Tim - thanks for clarifying my photos - I never even noticed the U channel width was different on the pair in the photograph  - I do have 4 of these brackets but the only pair are the wider TR4 ones - the other TR4A ones are both the same hand ( not sure which hand is which to be honest!)

However, whilst the "U" channel widths are different on the two sets, in all other respects they appear the same, so presumably they are interchangeable, or have I missed something?

Cheers Rich  

To be honest Rich the only reason I knew of the difference is that I have a mis-matched pair on my car, so I know that they are interchangeable as regards length and offset. I spotted it years ago when I removed the brackets to repaint them. I have never changed one and they must have been on the car when my father acquired it in 1970. Maybe an old stock one stock slipped through and was fitted at manufacture.  I don't loose any sleep over it, not being a polisher but I reckon even the keenest concours judge could probably miss it!

Tim

They also look very similar to the spitfire 1500 radiator support brackets which are available in stainless steel from various suppliers, think I had a set from Canley Classics, I'm sure they can be adapted.

J

• 9 months later...

Interesting,

I know that my TR4A does not have these fitted. (Mainly because I fitted LED reversing lights last year and did not have to remove anything remotely similar), maybe I should follow Stuart's advice and make some from metal tubing. I am fairly sure these were never on my TR since I bought it in 1981.

TT

6 minutes ago, tthomson said:

Interesting,

I know that my TR4A does not have these fitted. (Mainly because I fitted LED reversing lights last year and did not have to remove anything remotely similar), maybe I should follow Stuart's advice and make some from metal tubing. I am fairly sure these were never on my TR since I bought it in 1981.

TT

You`ll find when fitting them why they often got left off ;)

Stuart.