How to drive TR6 during lockdown...

Yesterday as. i did not leave home for one month now I decided to go shopping to the drive....  « unfortunately «  the only one available was 10 miles away.....

car was ready 3 hours before appointment :-)

ADA0FEB1-D55F-47E8-9C59-4575B1240845.jpeg

B36EEE39-6876-47B9-A636-F14E034BCD79.jpeg

52E0A324-87E5-45AB-A14B-E09D5C406DD9.jpeg

ED92C9B6-6DA4-4C64-BB8E-85FD52F379D8.jpeg

I've done the same, either gone shopping (food), delivered food to my elderly (isolating) parents or taken it to work (key worker). 

I'll admit driving around in a convertible with the roof down seems like I'm out for a jolly but if you have a genuine reason to go out its a good idea to give a classic a run. 

Gareth

11 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

On the whole no issue, but these cars are prone to breakdown and then you may be putting the poor recovery guy at risk.

Richard

Yes, but I have had fewer breakdowns in my TR6 than my Land Rover Discovery....

I did consider the breakdown risk, but in reality my wife would come and tow me home.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:22 PM, Jctr6EFI72 said:

Hi, Am Jealous of the Engine Noise and the Driving,

Good Effort , shopping in the TR, no reason why not.

Stay safe,  

Conrad.

Well I took the wife on Saturday and practiced social distancing as you can see

BE0ABF0A-EDD5-4A5F-950F-D7BF15CA27EA.thumb.jpeg.398e1f8b0495e7848fefc927ab31b06b.jpeg

Ask yourselves how often do you need to go shopping? A small sports car with little storage is not the best unless you have no other.

Conrad ( David) you should need to go less are you still getting three mugs of tea out of one teabag?

Just the Two cups from One bag Neil  !

So i haven't bought tea for ages, or been shopping for that matter, half a fridge full can last me a Month.

As long as there are no petrol fumes in the boot, you can get alot of Shopping in there .

Keep Safe Chaps, 

Conrad,

Edited by openroad
Spelling !

Having recently posted something similar on another forum its all down to acceptability.

I have like many other classic owners have been itching to fire up their first, second or third love ( depending how many children and dogs you have of course) but presently I think cruising about in your classic, even to the supermarket, is like walking down the high street without a biodegradable shopping bag and two bags of pasta under one arm and a jumbo packet of toilet rolls under the other.

Seriously, it suggest that the efforts so many are enduring to isolate and adhere to the government directives are a waste of time, its really not a good advert.

So lets do our bit, disconnect the battery and enjoy the time we can have in the garage without feeling we are neglecting other aspects of our lives, whilst supporting those that are putting theirs at risk.

Lets get our cars ready for when the garage doors are lifted and we can see how much difference all the tinkering we have carried out really makes, that is providing the roads haven't been salted !

Remember personal distancing isn't the length of your bonnet.

Stay safe and well.

Phil

It feels a bit eerie driving the TRs now, but they've been getting a lot of smiles and waves, far more than normal. I chalk this up to the uplifting feeling the sight of a handsome TR delivers to the general population - and this is of considerable value right now in these depressing times.

Tom

I do not see, as we all have to go shopping, what is the difference to go in old convertible or in vauxhall even hybrid ( if exists)! Please don t fall in the dangerous behavior we see where people want to say what is good and what is bad and you have to follow the majority. Lockdown has no relation with Greta:D. Taking sun is good for health B)and helps to fight virus. Hey guys enjoy life and create enjoyable experiences where you can

The '6 is my only car, I normally ride a bike to work. If I need to go out in it for legitimate reasons then I will, and I too have received smiles from people out walking. 

Totally agree with not letting ourselves define how the rules are to be followed (Yes for a modern car, No for a classic). There are only a few reasons anyone should be out, that's all that matters. 

Stay safe guys.

Gareth