I need to raise the drivers door on my TR4A by 2-3mm. The manual suggests this can be done by releasing the bolts on the hinge (3 bolts per hinge)

Any suggestions on how to do this, particularly how to hold the door in place when I release the bolts.

Hi Ian, I had the same problem and got round it by cutting some wooden wedges from a piece of 2x2 and gradually increased the size of the wedge so when placed on the sill and carefully closing the door it was held at the correct position. Then climbed in car from opposite side and  reached/layed  across to tighten bolts. 

Chris

You should be able to slacken the bolts until they are just pinching. Then carefully manoeuvre the door until the right height and re-lock bolts.

You will probably also have to readjust your door lock position afterwards so avoid slamming the door after adjustment as it might not shut!