It's a Funny thing

Hi All

As a side note and being a bank holiday weekend (like we need more time off !) I have been on the forum more times than not lately and have been able to fix a number of issues I've not had time to deal with until recently.

So here's my point, am I the only one here that the more threads I read the more I find I want to do to the 6, despite owning her for 24 ish years. I must admit that I'm an engineer through and through so tinkering / improving (possibly) I enjoy just as much as cleaning and driving the 6 but the more I read the more I find I want to do!

I've just read about antifreeze and flushing and surprise surprise I've now ordered just ordered new Blue antifreeze + flushing fliud so i can tackle that maintenance job which up until today and prior to reading the very informative threads have not felt the need to do. But NOW see that I haven't been keeping up to standards as it's not been changed for at least 4 years, tut tut....

So here's the quandry,

1. Do I stop reading threads to save my pocket and do the other jobs around the house my good wife wants me to do? Quote " I will paint the front door my love but you don't need to remind me every 6 months "

2. Carry on reading knowing I'm going to keep my well loved 6 on the road and ready for the off when eventually we are allowed out to play.

Amusing answers well received and anyone willing to back me up on point 2 will give me more ammo when the wife reminds me in August... again !

Happy Easter

Steve

Yep exactly the same as you Steve and also the same observations. I've read and learnt about things and components that I didn`t know were even fitted.

But the really sad thing is that when I have looked at the all the current posts,  I go back to looking at the old ones from page 575 and that`s about 16,000 posts.....LOL !!!

Colin.

23 hours ago, stevenphillips said:

Hi All

As a side note and being a bank holiday weekend (like we need more time off !) I have been on the forum more times than not lately and have been able to fix a number of issues I've not had time to deal with until recently.

So here's my point, am I the only one here that the more threads I read the more I find I want to do to the 6, despite owning her for 24 ish years. I must admit that I'm an engineer through and through so tinkering / improving (possibly) I enjoy just as much as cleaning and driving the 6 but the more I read the more I find I want to do!

I've just read about antifreeze and flushing and surprise surprise I've now ordered just ordered new Blue antifreeze + flushing fliud so i can tackle that maintenance job which up until today and prior to reading the very informative threads have not felt the need to do. But NOW see that I haven't been keeping up to standards as it's not been changed for at least 4 years, tut tut....

So here's the quandry,

1. Do I stop reading threads to save my pocket and do the other jobs around the house my good wife wants me to do? Quote " I will paint the front door my love but you don't need to remind me every 6 months "

2. Carry on reading knowing I'm going to keep my well loved 6 on the road and ready for the off when eventually we are allowed out to play.

Amusing answers well received and anyone willing to back me up on point 2 will give me more ammo when the wife reminds me in August... again !

Happy Easter

Steve

Steve, 

Keep Tinkering! Im doing the same now, the lock down has cost me a fortune!

Also just out of interest, where did you find the thread regarding antifreeze and flushing the system?? Im about to change the rad out on mine so want to make sure everything is clean before fitting the new one! 

Thanks, and happy tinkering!

Padi. 

Morning Steve, just get those Pants off you head,   heheheheh . And use those Engineering skills to good effect. 

Chatting to other enthusiasts and reading articles , even in the glossy magazines, gets me wanting to do more. So yes what a positive effect the Forum is having on you .

So you can get your hands dirty , use the pants as an Oily Rag and you will be cooking on gas ! or as they say up here in Nottinghamshire " wokkin down Pit !!

Have fun, 

Conrad.

Steve,

How long does will it take you to paint the front door?

Do it tomorrow and it’s out the way! 

I do the inside house maintenance in the winter, say one room each winter.

In the spring do outside house maintenance and you will be ok for the summer doing TR things!

You must have some spare red paint in the garage?

Peter V W

Hi Peter

Front door painted and did the front of the whole house at the same time, only the lintels to do today. Totally in wifeys good books. Only joking about the 6 months :lol:

The reference I made was really to the fact that as soon as I do one job on the house there always seems to be another she's held back that needs doing, still we've been married 33 years and together 38 so must be keeping to good lady reasonably happy. She a wonderful lady :D

Btw Triumph red for the front door my be a bit too far:blink:

Back to the garage

Steve

Hi all. Wrote a big list of house diy jobs to do. 3 weeks in list getting bigger. But I can tell you my tr6 is gleaming and those little jobs you put off are now done. I drove it around the block with a huge smile.  Don’t know how I ever had the time to go to work. Once we are released there’s going to be a lot of classics on the road. Can’t wait. Stay safe all