Hard to find hard top parts wanted

Hi Phil,

The CP series TR6 sill finishers are a very similar profile and width to the hardtop trim. The only minor issue being the bullnose end required for the side pieces are a slightly different shape to original but wouldn't really be noticeable.  A couple of the sill finishers cut down to suit the lengths required would be a good alternative if you can't get any originals. Another alternative is MG Midget chrome side and sill finishers, once again they would need to be cut to the correct length and used with their fixings. The bullnose ends of these are also slightly different to the originals.  

The corner pieces are available at a cost from Rimmers and Moss albeit they do appear fairly regularly on eBay.

Derek

Hi Phil J.

I have no idea what is going on lots of people seem to be going hardtop crazy I thought I was about the only one.

I purchased an NOS hardtop, when I needed these trims a very knowledgeable lad Carl no longer working for Rimmers told me the best part and I think it was for a Triumph Herald door was  part no:- 703733.

Carl told me there was a trim fitted to a TR can’t remember which one but I think TR4, but the profile was more round, and the Herald door trim was more square and a better match.

I purchased 3, and what was good about them both ends were rounded so for the side trim you only had to cut once because you need one rounded end, and the rear trim needed cutting both ends they did a very good job.

IMG_0172.JPG

On 4/11/2020 at 12:08 PM, mhossack said:

Hi Phil J.

I have no idea what is going on lots of people seem to be going hardtop crazy I thought I was about the only one.

I purchased an NOS hardtop, when I needed these trims a very knowledgeable lad Carl no longer working for Rimmers told me the best part and I think it was for a Triumph Herald door was  part no:- 703733.

Carl told me there was a trim fitted to a TR can’t remember which one but I think TR4, but the profile was more round, and the Herald door trim was more square and a better match.

I purchased 3, and what was good about them both ends were rounded so for the side trim you only had to cut once because you need one rounded end, and the rear trim needed cutting both ends they did a very good job.

IMG_0172.JPG

Much appreciated, thank you.