TR6 Rear Bumper Re-chrome Price Estimate.

Seems reasonable (even cheap) to me for an undamaged bumper not requiring additional work.

More important than price is quality. Ask for options, and what quality level. Many years ago I asked for “concours”, and the company (AFC Howell) rejected some of their own work once finished in final inspection before shipping it to Holland. I really appreciated that.

Waldi

3 hours ago, NealandPam said:

Has anyone had a TR6 rear bumper re-chromed recently?  I took my car's bumper into a firm & the estimate was for £250-£300.  I had another similar estimate from a firm in the Midlands albeit the estimate was via E mail with the bumper unseen.

Cheers

Neal Adams

I think I paid about £300 for just the 2 corners of the rear bumper at the place I used a couple of years ago - they did a superb job though.

AFC Howells are top of the tree, only 7 miles from me. They have been around a long time, all the top restorers use them.

Hi All

Yep A C Howells have a very good reputation and I've seen the road they are in a number of times on Car SOS.

But quality rechroming is not cheap.

My problem is that although my bumpers are not 100%, maybe 60% if i'm lucky they are aftermarket abit thin and all ripply.

So i'm not keen on rechroming cheap 90's junk properly.

New bumpers required at some point. :angry:

Ideally i'd like to get some original and rechrome them but hens teeth.

Cheers  KEithg

Good chrome platers in Australia would charge about the same price as Neal was quoted -if you could still find one. I'd seriously look at SS replacements before I considered replating my chrome bumpers again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All

Many thanks for all your responses & advice.  In the end I went with Brighthouse Metal Finishers in Peterborough.  I'm impressed with the work & post sales maintenance advice etc.  However, you need to make sure you clarify & knuckle down on all potential costs & whether VAT is included  when obtaining an estimate: quotes are not available.