I'm seeking information about the following chaps who were in the Register. Are they still here? Are YOU here?

Contact details and any info, pls?

TR Register, Oxford Group, 1980s

John Lehane [TR2, long door, white, one-owner car, his dad's].

Peter Goodwin [TR 3A, Alfa Duetto].

Peter May [part-time dealer, advertised often in TR Action, buying and selling sidescreen TRs and spares. Worked at Rover works as line manager].

Simon Harris [TR 4, Jaguar Mark 10. Worked in hi-tech computers nr Oxford].

The following: Ever in TR Register?

Mark Mason [Restored KST 277, owned this TR3 for at least 10 years, very good mate of former owner of TR Bitz, John. Reputed by TR Bitz to have restored a TR4 to Concours winning standard within TR Register, earlier, mid-1990s?].

Hi David

I did come across Peter May, but it was a long time ago.

He had a rusty TR2 for sale c/w a spare chassis, which I bought.

Made two trips to his house, one to view, one to collect, which I want to say was in the Thetford area.

Seem to remember driving past Elvedon Center Parcs on the A11 to get there.

The house had a large stone water tower in the garden, which he was trying to get planning permission on to convert. He was selling up all his TR stuff at the time.

The TR2 was rotten and hard to move I remember.

At a guess, this would have been back in the 90's. Met him and his wife.

He was older than me, so would guess he would now be in his 80's or 90's now?

Nice guy, easy to deal with.

Simon

9 minutes ago, I used to have one of those! said:

Hi David

Made two trips to his house, one to view, one to collect, which I want to say was in the Thetford area.

The house had a large stone water tower in the garden, which he was trying to get planning permission on to convert. He was selling up all his TR stuff at the time.

Simon

Thanks, Simon.

That must have been when he retired, then, aftwr I knew him. I guess it was after he retired and moved away from Merewood Avenue, Sandhills, Oxford, just off the motorway, where cars pick up speed.

He always had two sidescreen TRs ready to sell. Usually unfinished projects he'd finish. Helped me a fair bit, good to know.

At a guess, 75ish now and out of TRs. Knew a lot, but preferred to buy and sell, and make a profit, rather than do any long term restorations himself.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:08 PM, I used to have one of those! said:

Hi David

Simon

Simon, in Oxford, where his home was forever, he had a twin lock up. Once I remember him opening both garage doors and inside each was a sidescreen TR. One was a powder blue restoration, not that well done, he pointed out, the other was better, and he explained why. He was just waiting for the right time to sell them, alongside his full-time job. He came with me to see a black Stsndard 8. "What's your lowest?" he asked the guy. It was £450 and I drove it back to Oxford as my only means of transport and for fun doing autotests.

I was wondering what you did with the car, did you bring it back to life? Use it as a spares car? Or maybe turn it into a shiny, new, TR?

Edited by DavidBee