Door check Arm replacement

Hi Gareth

welcome to the forum.

Once the clevis pin is removed the arm pushes into the 'A' post  and retrieved from within the footwell.  You need to remove the carpet panel on the side of the footwell.

Roger

I had to put my hammer down and sleep on it!! I hope the rivets holding the guide slot in don't have to come out as it looks a tricky job to put the new ones in. I will have another look tomorrow. rimmer website has a good drawing if you do not have a detailed workshop manual with all drawings

gareth

I had to put my hammer down and sleep on it!! I hope the rivets holding the guide slot in don't have to come out as it looks a tricky job to put the new ones in. I will have another look tomorrow. rimmer website has a good drawing if you do not have a detailed workshop manual with all drawings

gareth

Hi Roger - thanks for reminding me!

Anyway, just to let you and Pete know, I have replaced the first check arm. I had to twist the panel back by about 3/4 mm and that did the trick in terms of giving enough clearance. Once I put the new check harm, I tapped the panel back into position with a small hammer and once painted it will not be noticeable and it's behind the kick panel anyway,

cheers

You should be able to replace them without any need for levering at all they just slide forward and then round and slide back slightly until they clear the hole edge then pull out, Ive fitted lots over the years.

Stuart

Just done this very job - it was tight & I had to tilt the arm slightly an an angle but they came out without damaging anything.

Thanks for the replies, I tried for the best of a day to twist, tilt and lever them out but did not manage it so I must be missing something. It was my first time so that's possible. Anyway, it's finished now with minimal damage, in fact you would not notice unless you knew.

once again thanks