Autocad Wiring Diagram for TR3a

Not really, if it was in Autocad you could edit it, but not a .PDF

I did my own diagram for my '3 but sadly not in Autocad. I used avery old Schematic drawing program called Board Capture.

Here is a .PDF made from it.

Wiring Tr3v5.pdf

5 hours ago, Lebro said:

Not really, if it was in Autocad you could edit it, but not a .PDF

I did my own diagram for my '3 but sadly not in Autocad. I used avery old Schematic drawing program called Board Capture.

Here is a .PDF made from it.

Wiring Tr3v5.pdf 50.86 kB · 11 downloads

Not worth making your comment Bob.  I know perfectly well it wasn't in AutoCad but offered a PDF to assist Andrew and/or others. 

I never have a lot of faith in some of the conversion software for various things, (never found a decent raster to vector for example.), but this may be worth looking at.

https://easypdf.com/pdf-to-autocad

EDIT...

Have just read:

"Convert PDF files that were designed with AutoCAD. We support PDF to DWG conversion. If your conversion has failed maybe the file you want to convert to DWG hasn’t been designed with AutoCAD."

So it may not work after all.

Charie

Edited by Charlie D
Probably will not work.

TR2 - TR4A Wiring Diagrams.dwg

I just tried the convert website with the previous .pdf mentioned by Andrew and it did seem to work (Well… it produced a file ending in .dwg)

Not having AutoCad I can’t test it, but try it out.

Charlie.

Edited by Charlie D

Crossovers.  When I was drawing complex circuit diagrams on huge sheets of paper at work in the late 1950s, there was a simple rule: if lines cross one another, they are not joined at that point.  If you want to join together, make a pair of T connections, one slightly offset from the other (i.e. the first would be a T, the other would be an inverted T).  On the drawing, there would never be a joint having more than 3 wires meeting.  This is unambiguous, and is a rule which I have always applied to wiring diagrams ever since.

Some people used to put a blob where they wanted to join wires at an X, but it was all too easy to create a blob when drawing in ink, and that could cause major problems - hence the simple rule.

Ian Cornish

13 minutes ago, ianc said:

Some people used to put a blob where they wanted to join wires at an X, but it was all too easy to create a blob when drawing in ink, and that could cause major problems - hence the simple rule.

The other common conventions of course are either to leave a small gap in one of the lines, through which the other continues unbroken or to use an omega-shaped diversion in one of the lines where they cross.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:45 AM, Drewmotty said:

Does anyone have an Autocad wiring diagram for a TR3a?.......just trying to save myself a bit of work drawing one from scratch.

Hi Drew

Your post prompted me to try importing my pdf wiring diagram into AutoCad, and what do you know... it worked! 

I also have a Word copy, but it is password locked and so I couldn't edit it... but now I can use AutoCad to make edits and updates to reflect the wiring changes I've made.

Thanks for prompting me to do this. The dwg file attached is based on a 3A with -ve earth.  The 2019 version of AutoCad was used to save it... if you need an earlier version then let me know.

3a -ve earth.dwg

3 hours ago, bigmalcy said:

Hi Drew

Your post prompted me to try importing my pdf wiring diagram into AutoCad, and what do you know... it worked! 

I also have a Word copy, but it is password locked and so I couldn't edit it... but now I can use AutoCad to make edits and updates to reflect the wiring changes I've made.

Thanks for prompting me to do this. The dwg file attached is based on a 3A with -ve earth.  The 2019 version of AutoCad was used to save it... if you need an earlier version then let me know.

3a -ve earth.dwg 143.28 kB · 12 downloads

Great and thanks, it opened in my free edition of DraftSight as well, now quarantine won't be a problem. I'll spend a lot of time to adapt this diagram to my TR2 (much modified) diagram, at the moment a .jpg-file.

Just found this:

"With the release of AutoCAD 2017, using the PDFIMPORT command, it is now possible to import PDF content directly into AutoCAD drawings. Lines will become editable geometry and text will become editable text. The accuracy of the resultant AutoCAD content is largely dependent upon the quality of the original PDF, so results may vary. Additionally, PDF underlays in drawings created with previous AutoCAD releases can be converted into editable drawing geometry using the PDFIMPORT command. "

So there we go.

Charlie