MOT test from 30 March 2020

I think it depends where you are. My daughter's MoT expired last week. Like most youngsters she leaves it to the last minute. Found that here in N London many garages MoT centres closed ('Can't get the parts mate if it fails'). Luckily managed to get a cancellation at a Halfords designated MoT station Saturday afternoon. And it passed. But it was a pretty stressful few days trying to get it resolved.

Miles

4 hours ago, stillp said:

Peter, you might get a better answer if you phone your insurance company. Good question though. How long have you had an Elise?

Pete

Hi, Pete,

Yes, I will speak to them, if I get the opportunity to drive it.

I purchased my Elise in1999.

keep safe

regards

Peter

I managed to get my work pick up MOT'd last Tuesday, but the MOT for one of my Stags last Thursday was cancelled as they said they have to reserve MOTs for more critically important vehicles. The garage in question had over a 2 week waiting list for MOTs at the time, but as has been mentioned most dealers are shut so parts supply is an issue.

I could register most of my cars as MOT exempt but I prefer to have an MOT.

Insurance shouldn't be a problem, until your car has a defect that gives the insurance company a get out. I know of one case over 20 years ago where a TR register member was involved in a fatal accident (not in his TR) He had one bald tyre which invalidated his insurance and the accident bankrupted him. Be warned.

Neil