Crankshaft Part #

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light here. A couple of years ago I bought what I was told was a TR6 crankshaft, I've since had it re-ground & balanced and  I chance a look at the part number, 311313. I can't find this number in any of the usual suppliers parts book. So does anyone know to which engine it may have originated?

Richard.

31 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

That is the forging part number of 311322 the short backed TR6 crank. - Also fitted in Triumph 2.5 PI, 2500 and 2500 S

Thanks for that, though I can't seem to find part# 311322 anywhere on the crank?

Hi Richard,

very few components would have the part No' cast in them. The foundry do their thong and that is usually that.

I think the four pot crank does have it P/No. but b=not seen it much else anywhere

Roger

13 hours ago, Richard71 said:

I'm hoping someone can shed some light here. A couple of years ago I bought what I was told was a TR6 crankshaft, I've since had it re-ground & balanced and  I chance a look at the part number, 311313. I can't find this number in any of the usual suppliers parts book. So does anyone know to which engine it may have originated?

That's how mine looked....actually all of them I have seen have some kind of identification...

crank.JPG.dd1f2d74c02bfef286e8ceeaec769dec.JPG

Edited by JochemsTR

Just checked my spare shortback crank and it has the casting number 311313 it definitely came out of a TR6 but these days who knows where it came from originally.

There is a "TR6" crank for sale on eBay at the moment which looks very much like a 2 litre crank. It has a simplex timing gear and a casting number that looks like it begins with 308.

Chris