They said "Smile it could get worse"

So we smiled and it did. My wife fell at the weekend and has broken one leg and the other ankle so totally immobile. On top of our flood Insurance claim being argued by Insurance company. Still not sorted since August last year.

To top it all the insurance has refused to cover us, so no insurance cover for house and contents.

Could things be much worse. Oh well they could be sticking us in a mass grave i suppose.

Just cut up and split about 4 ton of firewood and my back is killing me, only 5 ton more to cut. Beech wood is damned heavy as you get to the root main stem. Kicking over a chain saw get s more of an effort the older you get. Hee haw!

Keep safe one and all accidents seem to happen to happen neat home.

Rod so sorry to here this news your poor wife.

i hope she is not in pain.

perhaps you need to stay away from the chainsaw..

H

H,

I didn't lop her bloody legs off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO Any way she'd grow new ones just to spite me!!!!!

She slipped off the porch door hearth and did a 180 loop landing on her bum.  A journey I would not like.

2 hours ago, Rodbr said:

H,

I didn't lop her bloody legs off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO Any way she'd grow new ones just to spite me!!!!!

She slipped off the porch door hearth and did a 180 loop landing on her bum.  A journey I would not like.

Ha ha 

only thinking of your safety Rod ;)

after all you have to walk for two now .

Sorry to read this Rod,

most of us can only imagine how you and your wife are feeling!

All the best,

Waldi

Wife with 1 leg in plaster and probably the other ankle as well...not a good look, just think of the housework and cooking you are going to have to do :huh: mindblowing ! Let's hope your luck improves Rod and best wishes to the missus we hope she improves rapidly so your household has 2 functioning members doing the work.

Mick and Margaret Richards 

Hi Mick,

Have fitted a wash cloth to front of her Zimmer and polishing clothes to her hoves. So as she shuffles she cleans winner winner  chicken dinner.

The biggest problem is her getting sleep as the pain is bad at night and the weight of her leg must rest on the break. The support boots are made in Iceland and are £57 each!!!!

Back to the ortho surgeon in two days to see how things are healing. She is as grumpy as a grumpy thing staring at her garden and wanting o be out there. With all the wet weather we have had it had to happen now!!!!!

One leg broken above the ankle and the other with broken metatarsel bone. All from a fall on a door hearth. Lucky she did not crack her head on floor flagstones.

Thanks all for support.

Rod.