Brenda’s dash

Well spent this morning in the garage starting to remove the old dash and dash top, wasn't looking forward to removing the windscreen frame after comments on another post yesterday but it came out surprisingly easy. Disconnected all clocks and marked up wiring, next is try and remove metal dash without taking the centre H frame out (never seems to go back in without a fight) but that’s tomorrow’s job with tidying up the wiring.

Mike Redrose Group 

553CABF0-6F50-4F22-8CD9-5DE013339FC2.jpeg

B5958C29-301D-4B9B-87C3-438F1A8B2C70.jpeg

9685DD84-4C95-4EB3-8390-8EBD1E0D0C07.jpeg

84645F9E-216E-4F5A-A027-121E758BCB43.jpeg

33B2DA49-FD65-4E58-9CAC-E573F9D55446.jpeg

Ah! yes - the steering column needs to come off for the steel dash to be removed.

You can pull the outer tube off and leave the inner shaft.

As you only need to slack the dash to get the top crash attached perhaps you can leave the steering as is. 

Roger

Hi Mike, does your TomTom work OK that close to the speaker?I                                            I  had to move mine away from a CB speaker which was causing the GPS to become erratic. 

Chris

Another nice morning in the garage installing the new dash top, dashboard and gauges. Found myself another job when it’s all back together, stripping back the wood door tops and re-varnishing them the same colour as the dash.

Mike Redrose group 

E2BEB59E-0F59-4F82-8B74-352478C32DE3.jpeg

9E997037-8DB6-4B6B-B50B-6905980E6946.jpeg

Mike

there really can’t be anything left to do on your car !!

and she already was looking ace - award winning if I remember correctly 

stay safe

Hello Mike

Slightly off topic but what colour is your interior trim, is it Shadow Grey? I'm getting to the interior trim point of my 4A rebuild and can't decide on Midnight Blue or Shadow Grey. Midnight Blue I believe being on elf the original colours.

Cheers

Ian

Morning the interior trim is midnight blue but could not get leather in that colour so the closest we could find was a Bentley blue which is a excellent match. With the lockdown you should be able to get quite a lot done, you could start a new topic a show us some photos.

Mike Redrose Group 

D6CAD571-C07C-4B47-B775-EA1EF611B2F3.jpeg