Laying up our cars

It seems that I will not be able to get my car out for a couple of months now, I understand that it may be a good idea to increase the tyre pressures to stop getting a flat spot on them, what sort of pressure should I inflate them too, would 40psi be too much?  I don't have the ability to get all 4 corners off the ground.

They are I95 65 15,s with tubes.

I have the battery under control.

John

Hi John, I have similar to Tom but your tyres should have a maximum psi rating on the side walls. As long as you keep just under that then I can’t see a problem with that.

Rather laying my classics up for lockdown, I'm currently using them in rotation for essential trips to the shops. This is of course allowed under the current restrictions but I realise the police may pull me over suspecting I'm simply out for pleasure. I take a shopping list and carrier bags, which should provide some evidence that my journey is essential.

Nigel

Is Nesquick a secret then?

Shopped in the Stag last week and picked up the take away last night in the 6 and probably use them and the 4A for work in due course. However they salted gritted the roads last night. (Quite why I don't know as it was above freezing and no snow forecast!)

On 3/30/2020 at 4:34 PM, Andy Moltu said:

Is Nesquick a secret then?

Shopped in the Stag last week and picked up the take away last night in the 6 and probably use them and the 4A for work in due course. However they salted gritted the roads last night. (Quite why I don't know as it was above freezing and no snow forecast!)

Andy, speaking from personal experience (ex Met) a lot should be common sense with the officer concerned. The dead giveaway is what address comes up on the PNC (Police National Computer) for the car you are in. Providing you are relatively local for example within 20 miles or so to where you are stopped then no probs. It becomes an issue when you are over 150 miles away as the chap that that was traveling to Dorset from Birmingham found out, that was an unnecessary holiday.

I am soon to collect my 5 from the body sprayers, I've arranged for him to send me a text when it is ready and to say in said text that the car needs to be collected as it is taking up 50% of his workshop and restricting his business for which he is entitled to work at during current lock down.

Mike

On 3/30/2020 at 3:33 PM, Nigel Triumph said:

Rather laying my classics up for lockdown, I'm currently using them in rotation for essential trips to the shops. This is of course allowed under the current restrictions but I realise the police may pull me over suspecting I'm simply out for pleasure. I take a shopping list and carrier bags, which should provide some evidence that my journey is essential.

Nigel

Brilliant Nigel,  these cars need using, shopping in a car , is shopping in a car, no matter what make or age.

Good for you mate, 

Conrad.

2 hours ago, openroad said:

Brilliant Nigel,  these cars need using, shopping in a car , is shopping in a car, no matter what make or age.

Good for you mate, 

Conrad.

Sainsbury's tomorrow, in the Scimitar. Plenty of space for the whole week's groceries but may just struggle to fit enough beer in the back. We're having a lot of virtual pub conference calls during lock down and beer consumption has risen accordingly!

Nigel

2 hours ago, foster461 said:

My TR's spend 5 months every year parked. Never had an issue with flat spots or fuel. I do plan to run errands in them once the weather warms up.

Stan

+1 Stan.... Ive run 4 pot TR’s for 40+ years, since I was a teenager.... Used to go away to sea for months on end, come back push out of the garage and bump start down the hill and off again..

These cars were never made for mollecodellimng....