TR3 880AYA Photos

In these strange times of social distancing, isolation and spending too much time in the house, I've resorted to clearing out various drawers and cupboards (mostly prompted by Mrs T!)

Anyway, I found these from the mid-80's amongst a load of old photos - developed from 35mm - not digital..! I'm not sure of the venue but it may be the Bristol Classic Car Show. I was a member of Apple County (Somerset) at the time.

I hope that 880AYA is still about - If the current owner would like to get in touch I'll gladly put the originals in the post.

A young looking Neil Revington in the background, and Ernie Cole(?) foreground in the 2nd photo - holding an ancient and strange contraption which I think is a video cassette!

Regards

Nick

TR3_880AYA.jpg

TR3_880AYA_2.jpg

Hello Nick, 

Yes that’s definitely Ernie, he is in both photos; first one next to Neil, next to the keg of beer.... I think that maybe Dave Squance checking on the kids - possibly Marcus and ? Sue and Neil?

Think its Debbie, Earnie's then long suffering girlfriend and latterly (hopefully still) wife, side on in the second photo and back to the first one..

Cannot be sure but I also think that might be my right hand with the 3/4 full pint and left ear in the first photo (Ernie is blocking me out) ... Don’t recall I was particularly interested in what Neil was opening but, I would have remained in the vicinity of the Keg!

Did you used to drive a (very rapid) 5 in those days? - Got a memory like a sieve but do remember some great times; with Dave Brown as ‘social secretary’..

Cheers

Tony 

Hi Nick. Great photos. 
880AYA is still in the same ownership but now lives near Denver with its owner Mel Francis. He still hasn’t bothered with windscreen, roof or side screens. He does visit the UK a few times a year and I’m sure that he’d be interested to see the photos. I don’t think he’s a forum user I’ll send him a link to this thread. He is on the Faceache TR3 Group. 
I remember Ernie running around with a huge video camera with me chasing behind him carrying the recorder and battery pack; luckily the batteries didn’t used to last long. Ernie and his wife Debbie moved to live in France last year. 
Note the traditional barrel of Butcombe in the background.

The scene looks like a Youth Group do :-)
I guess that I’m not there as it would have been just after you bought my TR4a about 1982. 

Edited by Drewmotty
3 hours ago, Tony_C said:

Did you used to drive a (very rapid) 5 in those days? - Got a memory like a sieve but do remember some great times...

No, not me...

My previous TR was the OEWhite 4a I bought off Andrew W (Drewmotty) back in '83 at the tender age of 20... I was in the RN at the time and had just returned from the Falklands! ...6 months away and nothing to spend it on meant I had a healthy bank balance - for a short time anyway.

Yes, great times ...I'd forgotten the endless supply of Butcombe..!

Nick

Hello Nick

This is what 880AYA looked like in the late 1960s - early 1970s.

880AYA.jpg.1eed7d4f87053a0edc65082a81915f7e.jpg

The picture comes from Brian Hancock's collection. Brian told me that at the time the car was owned by a doctor from the Truro area. It had a colourful life while in Cornwall, resulting in a number of significant repairs being required!  

Cheers

Julian    Member 918    St. Austell

• 1 year later...

It might be the Bristol Classic Car Show. 

I recall that 4VC, with its re-build not then completed (no engine inside) was displayed at the Show in March 1993 - but these photos are not of the 1993 Show.

Ian Cornish