Show the rest of us your TR.

On 10/5/2020 at 4:25 PM, MilesA said:

Great to see Tan Hill Inn and surrounding area in sunshine. Shrouded in mist when I was there couple of weeks ago. Only other vehicle we saw was a John Lewis delivery van!

Miles

We were blessed with mainly dry weather.

Off the A roads we didn’t see many vehicles either.

There were way more red squirrels than classic cars!

In a week of exploring, the only Triumph we saw was a Siena Brown TR6 just outside Steel Rigg car park.

Martin

Red Squirrels.jpg

Edited by BritishRacingGreen
Typo

I joined the Register a few days ago and collected this car today. Totally restored 600 miles ago and fitted with a Supercharger. I am new to TR’s so will be asking quite a lot of questions very soon so please treat me gently :o

8B546650-112F-4C78-98D0-C0414A3E0789.jpeg

On 10/7/2020 at 11:09 AM, cubehopper said:

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.a543953cd6707a05dc9e7ddd427535f8.JPG

Love magenta! 

10 minutes ago, Richard C King said:

I joined the Register a few days ago and collected this car today. Totally restored 600 miles ago and fitted with a Supercharger. I am new to TR’s so will be asking quite a lot of questions very soon so please treat me gently :o

8B546650-112F-4C78-98D0-C0414A3E0789.jpeg

Welcome, nice looking '6, supercharger sounds awesome, pics of that please. 

Gareth

6 hours ago, Richard C King said:

There it is. 

7E8A873A-FDE4-4D20-92B3-0C8824581F50.jpeg

Superb! Did the previous owner give you any figures on what the engine develops now and speeds, acceleration etc? I've never seen anything like this on a TR6 before, very cool. 

Gareth

Hello Richard,

welcome to the TR Register and our forum, and congratulations on finding what looks like a superb TR6

If I may suggest you move your photos and detail to our TR 6 Section, it will have many more views, and lots more comment.

John.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Fraser Range in Western Australia 29th October 2019. We were on our way home from the 2019 TSOA National Rally in Margaret River. We had crossed the Nullarbor Plain a couple of weeks earlier. 2100km from home. The total trip was 8400km in 3 weeks. A great adventure.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5461.thumb.jpg.7cdd7019113bb8f1b15e82912b9f60ec.jpg

2 hours ago, Rockie51 said:

Fraser Range in Western Australia 29th October 2019. We were on our way home from the 2019 TSOA National Rally in Margaret River. We had crossed the Nullarbor Plain a couple of weeks earlier. 2100km from home. The total trip was 8400km in 3 weeks. A great adventure.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5461.thumb.jpg.7cdd7019113bb8f1b15e82912b9f60ec.jpg

That is some journey Rockie you must have your temperature control sorted in your 4a

i did the nullarbor (east to west) in a ‘73 Ford Falcon back in 1989 and boy was it warm. I remember stopping around Balladonia to photograph a bend in the road. 
then following the overground mains water pipe for hours. 
went on to Perth then Darwin before heading Back to Melbourne down the middle.

amazing place. 

3D2DB8E5-EF67-4FB9-8763-8615C49D06A8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_0550.thumb.jpeg.5c3bc22cbb0a9bac2c5135e6e8449381.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Paul J said:

IMG_0550.thumb.jpeg.5c3bc22cbb0a9bac2c5135e6e8449381.jpeg

Looking good Paul, pretty good match between the Surrey Top material and the Red on the backlight.

Mick Richards

16 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Looking good Paul, pretty good match between the Surrey Top material and the Red on the backlight.

Mick Richards

Thanks Mick, the Red Surrey I had made locally in Mohair having had the backlight painted first which was a mistake, would have been easier to paint match the Surrey top but it looks much better than it did with a black Surrey. Its not quite as bright red as the pic states.

Paul

Hi Paul,

it looks GREAT, don't bother too much about the different reds.

The red roof will fade out more than the bachlight, the backlight is shining, the roof not, the seats will become darker.

You never get a lasting "match" with red on different materials.

Ciao, Marco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...