7 hours ago, iain said:

Thats correct Bob, its the easiest way to get some grunt on the blighters! The bolts being 3/8" UNF Thread. and I think 1" 3/4 long? Bob can you remember what you used?

Iain

3/8" UNF X 1½" is what I used, with nylok nuts.

Bob.

I have replaced my second hand springs, 9.75 inches on the bench, with Revington red stripe and I now have over 6" clearance under the front chassis. But there is a large clearance over the tyre , at least 3 ". I am going to live with it for now. I would rather clear the speed bumps.

I can not replace one spring in less than four hours. Do other members manage it faster. I use two hydraulic jacks, a spring compressor, some levers and a soft hammer. Eventually it lines up and I can start fitting the nuts. I have now changed four springs in two weeks. At least it is warmer now.

The next job is the rear springs. Is it better to have them reset in Birmingham or start with new?  The car is low at the back and the exhaust scrapes on bumps  sometimes. I am keen to have them reset but I need advice from the forum.

Thanks Richard & B.

9 minutes ago, Richardtr3a said:

I have replaced my second hand springs, 9.75 inches on the bench, with Revington red stripe and I now have over 6" clearance under the front chassis.

That sounds right. I have 155mm clearance under front and rear of the chassis on my 3A. Source of springs, front and rear, the same as you.

james