Exhaust mounting points

Hi guys,

I'm going to be putting a standard style exhaust back on my car (maybe today if I can figure this out), one thing I can't work out is where the inner mount for the cross box goes, can anyone help me figure it out?

Cheers

Gareth

Thanks John, 

It's item 21 (shown in the top picture of the Moss link you gave) the bracket that I think goes on the chassis, which I don't appear to have a hole. My options are to drill the lower boot floor and into the chassis.

Gareth

Edited by Mk2 Chopper

The bracket #21 goes on the pipes, it joined from there to the rear of rear diff bracket behind shock mounting with the flex strap.

There was a picture on a recent topic of a chassis but I cannot find it at the moment.

John

PS Here is a picture from Panch blog.

InkedTR6 chassis_LI.jpg

Edited by John L
Adding a photo

Gareth,

John's on the right track. Item 21 carries the 2 clamps, item 22. Item 21 is suspended from the chassis rear diff bridge using the flexible strap, item 27. That strap was fixed on my TR5 further in from the hole which John's photo shows. See photo of my recently dismantled TR5. My strap can be seen fixed through a hole between the right hand diff pin and the shock absorber mount.

Hope that helps.

Dave McD

IMG_2583.thumb.JPG.4e2fd46bc9171b4cde3e7f9d016a3a50.JPG

Thanks guys, I've drilled a hole near to where you've shown Dave, as that's where the rear box seemed to sit best. 

Next is fitting the pipes between that and the manifold down pipe, a pit or lift would be great at this point! 

Gareth

20200327_125255.thumb.jpg.a55adef176ee088c0570788ae5eccee1.jpg

Edited by Mk2 Chopper
Add picture