It is with much regret that we have taken the decision to postpone the UK European Meeting until September 2021. The situation across Europe does not give confidence that the meeting will be allowed to happen and people will be able or willing to travel. We have the support of the other European clubs to move our meeting to 2021 and the Swedish, Swiss and subsequent meetings will all move back one year.

The new plan is as follows:

The weekend meeting is to be held at the Chesford Grange Hotel, near Coventry from Friday 10th through to Monday 13th September 2021, therefore three nights dinner, bed and breakfast instead of the original two nights. The timing was, once again, driven by hotel room availability. I tried to avoid clashes with other events but even Goodwood could not advise me when the revival was planned for 2021.

The tour will now take place from Monday 13th September through to Friday 17th September. The Metropole Hotel will make 50 rooms and their ballroom available and we are in discussions with other hotels in Llandrindod Wells to secure another 50-60 rooms.

The existing participants have been offered the choice of carrying their booking over to 2021 or a refund.

Mick

Hello Mick,

How would I go about booking for this event.?

thx

Nigel.

Hi Nigel,

The event is open to all TR Register members on a first come, first served basis. I have first offered places to those people who booked for this year to transfer their booking to the 2021 event. Booking for other members will be available in October 2020 when the dust has settled and we have agreed a new allocation of the available spaces across all of the European clubs. I will then update the event on the TR Register website: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/event/2021/09/1352/UK-European-Meeting-Coventry-September-2021-NEW-DATES which will give a link to a booking form in the membership section. I will also post on the forum that bookings are open with a link, so watch this space in 6 months time.

Mick

• Andy Moltu pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The European Coordinators recently held a meeting via Zoom to discuss this and subsequent European Meetings. We reviewed the bookings taken for the original 2020 UK event and agreed an allocation of the available hotel room capacity for 2021. They matched all too well, with for example all except one team from the UK having re-confirmed their booking. So priority is being given solely to those members from each club who booked for 2020. Therefore, at this time, there are no additional rooms available.

I have updated the event on the website: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/event/2021/09/1352/UK-European-Meeting-Coventry-10th-to-17th-September-2021

The coordinators will be monitoring the COVID situation and bookings across Europe as things evolve. I will keep the club membership up to date if and when there is any change to the event or availability of space.

Mick

Edited by Mick Forey

Hi John,

As stated in the post above yours, we are not currently taking any further bookings as our allocation is fully taken up by those people who originally booked for the 2020 event. If places become available I will update the website and this thread. If you would like to be added to a distribution list of similar events then please send me a pm with your email or alternatively email me at international@tr-register.co.uk

In the meantime, here is the first big touring event of next year: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/event/2021/05/2252/TR-Tours-Picos-de-Europa-tour-May-2021. I can confirm that there are spaces available for this tour. I did a tour in 2019 with Classics on the Road in the Pyrenees, it was very professionally planned and delivered, some of the best "of the beaten track" roads I have ever driven on.

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Attendees of the virtual AGM will have also spotted the announcement that the TR Register Czech Republic http://tr-register.cz/en/about-us/ has recently joined the family of European TR clubs that join in and occasionally host the annual European Meeting. They are a relatively small club but have 8 enthusiastic members who are looking to join the UK European Meeting next September in Coventry. They are a very welcome addition to the family and it will be great see them in the UK.

Mick