Are Bullet Mirrors a Direct Replacement for Standard

Some advice please

I have standard mirrors on my 6 and are fine but I need to fold them both in to get the car in my garage which is a slight faff especially when reversing out, I quite the bullet ones so question is are they a direct replacement for the standard in terms of fitting holes and the surface area they cover and I am assuming they stick out less than the original rectangular sized mirrors?

cheers

Mirror 1.jpg

Hi Paul,

be careful with the bullet mirrors. To me they do look good but the rear view image is quite useless for many of them.

I changed mine for Audi TT Mk1 mirrors the visibility behind is excellent

I don't they would suit a TR6 though

Roger

P1050096b.jpg

P1050099a.jpg

43 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Paul,

be careful with the bullet mirrors. To me they do look good but the rear view image is quite useless for many of them.

Roger

P1050096b.jpg

P1050099a.jpg

They don't suit a TR4A :D:ph34r:

Gareth

1 hour ago, Paul Herts said:

Some advice please

I have standard mirrors on my 6 and are fine but I need to fold them both in to get the car in my garage which is a slight faff especially when reversing out, I quite the bullet ones so question is are they a direct replacement for the standard in terms of fitting holes and the surface area they cover and I am assuming they stick out less than the original rectangular sized mirrors?

cheers

Hi Paul
I swapped the bullet mirrors on my 6 for Tex standard mirrors, because I found it difficult to get satisfactory rear vision through them. Yes standard mirrors stick out more, but worth it.
You are welcome to the now redundant bullet mirrors for the cost of the postage, and yes, they fitted in the same holes on the door. PM me if you want them
Cheers
Ian

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi Paul,

Roger

P1050096b.jpg

P1050099a.jpg

Hi Roger,

Bullitt mirrors as far as I am concerned are useless for field of view and therefore dangerous. I like your Audi TT mirrors as they look to give a good field of view and the base contour that suits the upper door profile. But of course the purists would give them the thumbs down ? I went for MX5 mirrors as I saw this mod in the USA, again with excellent field of view for motorway driving and London driving.

42 minutes ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

They don't suit a TR4A :D:ph34r:

Gareth

But do you want Marina mirrors on a TR4A??? in the 70,s that would be a definitely  no' no! Again with a poor field of view?

Bruce.

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

I thought their overly curvacious shape mimic'd the bonnet speed bubble quite nicely.  :P

Roger

I prefer to call it a bulge :D

Personal opinion of course, but bullet mirrors on a 6 is a no-no, not to mention they are useless for any kind of driving.

The original mirrors pictured above are far superior in every regard.

I would live with the adjustment every time you reverse out of the garage.

Cheers.

+1 agree with that and Rogers are just wrong at every level................:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

If you got to fold both mirrors in to get in the garage presumably you also need to have the hood down and climb out over the boot to get out of the car as well?

Stuart.