457 are 5.5 wide standard fit on TR6 and fit TR4-6

See here  https://www.mwsint.com/custom/FitmentGuide/DisplayEntry.asp?category=87&carId=FG000053&make=TR&carYear=

Centre laced means all the spokes start at the rim in the same line - not staggered.  Does that make sense?

Cheers

Peter W

Hi TR shop sell MWS wire in paint or chrome although guarantee is limited for painted wires 

I do think there is any difference between TR shop  MWS wheel  and other outlets selling MWS wheels at a similar price 

chrome wire 3 year structural and 2 year cosmetic guarantee

painted 1 year structural and cosmetic warrantee 

all chrome wheels have stainless steel spokes and nipples

wheels are all tubeless 

I’ve got 5.5 rims with 165 but you will be ok with smaller 4.5 rim and 165s 

I would go for the 72 spokes if I was you 

Had  no problem with delivery (£25) and wheels arrived within 48 hours although suspect you won’t be in a rush after tonight’s news 

only problem is the rim profile which fills with water / dirt and is a devil  to clean. Apart from cleaning  I’ve had that no problems and there was a marked improvement from my previous set of wires 

I’ve got 5 1/2” 72 spoke wires fitted to my TR4 and TR3 both with 165 tyres. 
The 72 spokes are stronger than the original 60 spokes and slightly wider so fill the arches a bit more. but you will be hard pressed to spot the difference. 
Unless you are a concours competitor go with the 72s

Chrome wires will no doubt rust within the first and the MWS warranty is worthless.If you can not prove the conditions and materials used to clean the wheels the wont entertain any claim.

They wriggle and squirm till you give up in discust. 

TR Shop are no doubt the best price you will find. First class service.

A tip to maintain good looks is to coat the wire spoke nipples in the hub with mastic. This stops the grease from the splines being thrown out and spoiling the wheel. Also use an airline when you finish washing the car or after  getting home after driving in the rain. If you don't the water sits and gets behind and lifts the chrome on the rim very quick.

Keep on top of the cleaning and in preference clean after each use. They will look good for a long time.

Less pretty but more usable would be painted wires which look far more original and better but if you like the bling go for the chrome but be prepared for the extra work to keep them nice.

Optimized-20130825_160319-1.jpg

9 hours ago, Rodbr said:

Chrome wires will no doubt rust within the first and the MWS warranty is worthless.If you can not prove the conditions and materials used to clean the wheels the wont entertain any claim.

They wriggle and squirm till you give up in discust. 

TR Shop are no doubt the best price you will find. First class service.

A tip to maintain good looks is to coat the wire spoke nipples in the hub with mastic. This stops the grease from the splines being thrown out and spoiling the wheel. Also use an airline when you finish washing the car or after  getting home after driving in the rain. If you don't the water sits and gets behind and lifts the chrome on the rim very quick.

Keep on top of the cleaning and in preference clean after each use. They will look good for a long time.

Less pretty but more usable would be painted wires which look far more original and better but if you like the bling go for the chrome but be prepared for the extra work to keep them nice.

Optimized-20130825_160319-1.jpg

If you really want the "bling" of chrome,  the other alternative is to get a used set of ordinary wires and and get them refurbished in a powder coated chrome effect - not quite a shiny as chrome but pretty damn good and you have the longevity of a powder coat finish - typically a lot less expensive as well - a number of companies do this - I used Tudor Wheels in the New Forest and was very pleased with both the results and cost. They will also check and repair any damaged/broken spokes and check for spline wear on both wheels and hubs if required. 

Used sets of wires are readily available and often cheap as chips so worth getting a couple of sets and choosing the best to refurbish

Cheers  Rich

1 hour ago, Fireman049 said:

This is what 'bright chrome' powder coating looks like.  I was very pleased with the result.

Tom.

I like the closed up grill bars Tom

i did that to mine then painted black. 

Hi Rich,

Powder coating note accepted but not sure how well it would fair with the spokes given the degree of flex involved.  I anticipate that the contact area of the spoke would wear through the coating and allow moisture behind it. Same issue as  Chromed Wire wheels. I have heard of the terrors of intact hollow chrome tube where steel below has corroded away completely .

Any coating other than enamel does need to be checked periodicly.

Rod

2 hours ago, Rodbr said:

Powder coating note accepted but not sure how well it would fair with the spokes given the degree of flex involved.  I anticipate that the contact area of the spoke would wear through the coating and allow moisture behind it. Same issue as  Chromed Wire wheels. I have heard of the terrors of intact hollow chrome tube where steel below has corroded away completely .

I had powder coated wire wheels on my car for about 10k miles with no sign of the coating failing.

The MWS wheels from TR Shop have chromed stainless steel spokes, and I believe the rims are stainless too.

Pete

42 minutes ago, stillp said:

I had powder coated wire wheels on my car for about 10k miles with no sign of the coating failing.

The MWS wheels from TR Shop have chromed stainless steel spokes, and I believe the rims are stainless too.

Pete

It's only the spokes which are stainless on the standard wheels as sold by TR Shop although if you go to MWS website they do sell all SS wheels but they cost a fortune, nearly twice the price of chrome! 

Chris

It’s looking like the 4.5 x15 chrome wheels complete with tyres, and with a complete hub kit in the price, have been in contact to for the make of the wheels today hopefully it’s the same make as the wheels they sell without tyres.

Mike Redrose Group