Go On Then, Lets Hear about Fluffy Kittens & Good Things

Everyone is on edge. I personally would like to hear something positive however insignificant 

Yes this is a forum, a place for traditionally airing your frustrations, if you want to let it out good for you I won't moan about it but let's counter it with some good stuff !

It's Mother's day let's be thankful.

I will get the ball rolling.   

Went out with my camera and spent a lovely sunny Sunday morning getting some exercise and some pictures of the local navigation

So down you .....

Great idea

this is one of our rescue dogs lying in the sun. 

even better is that this time last year he was post op for a broken back. 

So good news on both counts.

Sun and recovery. 

407ACC8C-8056-4629-81AB-89035E248798.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Pic

. speaking to a friend the other day (..by telephone) he said he'd be glad when things get back to normal.. My reply was " what the constant political bickering over Brexit,  terrorist attacks, threats of war,  and repeatedly shameful episodes of drunkeness and disorderly conduct in town centres on a Friday / Saturday night ?"   

^ This may not sound like bright and cheery ' good stuff '  but personally I like to notice and appreciate some of the positive side of what is happening, and possibly even to learn from it.  Local radio is brimming with stories of people being kind to their neighbours, and communities pulling together in the crisis.  I applaud this thread for looking out for good things.. so on the pet theme here's an old favourite from me. . .

13054444_Ham.jpg.3e43a0890a46b5399d43fe50897b66a8.jpg

yes, well done John, here’s Sylvie... she terrified us yesterday by suddenly not using her front paw and really feeling sorry for herself.. bit / much better today but off to vet first thing tomorrow (btw she won’t go that close to TR when it is running!)

57306362-3CF7-42E7-8322-E02E5BE16C2E.jpeg

Edited by Tony_C

My moggie died a couple of years ago.........still miss the bugger.

On a happier note....today I had delivered a plum label led Zep 4 !

Been after a decent copy for years.

Not good as a moggie/doggy picture...but it made me smile.

Mars bar to the first person who understands what I'm talking about.

Take care if yourselves out there .

35 minutes ago, RobH said:

Rob,

Give me a chance, I've only just got the little gem. 

Quick check in the run out tells me it's s "porky / pecko" pressing. I doubt it will be a first pressing though .

i will get my books out and do some research .

ive had a good run lately , finding some good records.

Led Zep 3,  Physical Grapphiti (first press on Swan Song), Deep Purple Made In Japan (first press -really nice copy)

Ive been buying vinyl since I was 12....and I play them !

With a TR6 and my records...thank god the missus is understanding !

I owe you a mars bar 

Edited by Crawfie
Addition
2 hours ago, Nigel Triumph said:

Out walking my two mutts this morning, I saw the first bluebells this spring in woodland near home.

Nigel

20200323_095029.jpg

Sorry to have to correct you but that is a Grape Hyacinth and not a Bluebell.

Our Victoria Plum tree is in blossom today.

Grape hyacinths are persistent bu**ers. I have them in the garden in places I'd rather they were not. I can pull loads out from there every year but still they come back. Nice to look at though. 

5 hours ago, Derek Hurford said:

someone loves him

F2837D90-C28E-42F9-985F-A5AE7CEFA43B.png

Two can play at that game :)                                                                      image.png.5ff4354b3d6c3206a8be74ff89860cc8.png

Over winter, of an evening, I light a giant candle in the living room.  No open fire, and it's a nice warm glow.

Old one finished so I started a new one, and somehow Lucy the cat was fascinated!

IMG_20200320_212323[1].jpg

Edited by john.r.davies
2 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

Sorry to have to correct you but that is a Grape Hyacinth and not a Bluebell.

Our Victoria Plum tree is in blossom today.

Thank you for the correction, I thought it may be rather early for bluebells. But the grape hyacinths are still awelcome sign of spring!

Nigel

A couple of years ago we had some trees taken down and I asked the guys to save me some pieces that I could cut and split for the woodstove. They put them at the edge of the yard close to the shed. That year I got distracted with other stuff and a groundhog moved in and built a tunnel with the logs hiding the entrance. I wanted to cut this stuff up this year but did not want to make the groundhog homeless so I set up a wireless camera to see if anything was living in the tunnel under the log pile. This video is a selection of the critters that triggered the camera. Chipmunks, mice, squirrels, Opossum, Turkeys, a dark eyed Junco and finally the groundhog. Still not sure if he/she is living there or was just visiting.