An Entertaining Race for a Saturday Night

I've mentioned on here my all time Hot Rod hero George Polley, and came across this video filmed in 1976 at Long Marston which was billed as a match race for Hot Rods versus Rallycross on a rallycross circuit.

it also featured Barry Lee, George's long standing arch-enemy on the short ovals. In this film they had both raced at Wimbledon Stadium on the 1/4 mile oval the night before. George is driving the Magenta Anglia in which he won the 1976 Hot Rod World Final later that year. Quite an entertaining race' thought you might enjoy seeing it.

Kevin

8 minutes ago, boxofbits said:

I've mentioned on here my all time Hot Rod hero George Polley, and came across this video filmed in 1976 at Long Marston which was billed as a match race for Hot Rods versus Rallycross on a rallycross circuit.

it also featured Barry Lee, George's long standing arch-enemy on the short ovals. In this film they had both raced at Wimbledon Stadium on the 1/4 mile oval the night before. George is driving the Magenta Anglia in which he won the 1976 Hot Rod World Final later that year. Quite an entertaining race' thought you might enjoy seeing it.

Kevin

Nice one Kev,always good to see that one again.