Kenny Rogers R.I.P

I've read that Kenny Rogers sadly passed away at age 81.

The one song I recall him for is Don't Take Your Love To Town which I remember from my school days around 1969, and I guess was the bitter narrative of a disabled US soldier from the Vietnam war, so a very contemporary song perhaps for that time. I wonder if that related to someone he knew?

To be honest apart from that song, Ive never been a fan of his other music or a country music fan generally. I suppose he's of a similar genre to Glen Campbell of the era? 

Nevertheless I'm sure he had a huge fan base, and a lot of people enjoyed his music over many years. Rest in peace Kenny.

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits
12 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Islands in the Stream with Dolly P went down well

https://youtu.be/RsHzUI1JC5k

Roger

I'd forgotten that one and was quite a good song. A lot of live performances are actually better than the recording, and Dolly seemed to be enjoying it!

I suppose I should've posted Don't Take Your Love To Town as a tribute so here goes!

'Coward of the county' had an interested storyline! Have a listen.

Tim