2 ply could be used 4 times like mens underpants front,back,inside out, front ,back

Do not start on 3 ply thats just bragging!

Roger

Well I'm not happy!

During the necessary shop yesterday, a pack of 16 lessor quality rolls was duly purchased,

to mainatin levels should we say. Might add that there was plenty in stock.

On arriving home, said necessary examination of quality, texture, strength etc, was duly made by the Morrison Household, qaulity assurance department,

and the report came back,  - "You can use these, I'll keep the Andrex!"

Equal rights my ****!

John.

3 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

2 ply could be used 4 times like mens underpants front,back,inside out, front ,back

I'll have you know I put a clean pair on every day. Trousers get a bit tight by the end of the week, I have to remove a few pairs.

Pete

We've not heard of any run on loo rolls from other European countries.

I know that Brits are obsessed with their bowels - any other reaosn why there was sucha  stampede?

8 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Well I'm not happy!

During the necessary shop yesterday, a pack of 16 lessor quality rolls was duly purchased,

to mainatin levels should we say. Might add that there was plenty in stock.

On arriving home, said necessary examination of quality, texture, strength etc, was duly made by the Morrison Household, qaulity assurance department,

and the report came back,  - "You can use these, I'll keep the Andrex!"

Equal rights my ****!

John.

John -Should have gone to Morrison’s

3 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

We've not heard of any run on loo rolls from other European countries.

I know that Brits are obsessed with their bowels - any other reaosn why there was sucha  stampede?

Hi John,

my wife’s cousin lives in Hamburg and has regular phone calls. They have a shortage of loo rolls there as well. (As a result of hamsterkauf).

Rgds Ian

There is no TP in the stores here. Madam is pretty choosy when it comes to TP and during our brief three year stay in the UK in the early 80's she was appalled by the British Rail quality grease proof paper TP. We buy only Charmin extra strong TP, dont even think about coming home with anything else.

On a recent trip to a local grocery store (Hannafords) I saw they had just three individual rolls of TP on the shelf, limit one per customer. It was single ply, store brand.

I should digress here to explain that we dont buy store brand anything, it is generally always inferior. Take frozen peas for example, if Birds Eye only select the best, sweetest peas for their brand, the rejects have to go somewhere and they go into the store brand products. For example last summer I mistakenly bought a bag of store brand charcoal for the bbq. It would not ignite, it would not burn. Totally useless. I never heard the end of that.

Against my better judgement I bought a single roll of the single ply store brand TP in the hope that it would reduce madam's anxiety a little. I proudly presented it to her on my return. I found it later in my bathroom and she ordered what she wanted from Amazon for delivery in early April.

11 hours ago, foster461 said:

I should digress here to explain that we dont buy store brand anything, it is generally always inferior. Take frozen peas for example, if Birds Eye only select the best, sweetest peas for their brand, the rejects have to go somewhere and they go into the store brand products. For example last summer I mistakenly bought a bag of store brand charcoal for the bbq. It would not ignite, it would not burn. Totally useless. I never heard the end of that

Luckily that is definitely the not same situation in England UK,  I would not dream of buying anything other than Sainsburies own brand Petit Poi’s and Costco’s own brand TP,  Kirkland triple satin bath tissue is up to the same standard as Charmin, thank goodness.