I like the 2 color concept. Some Mini’s had a white roof on red. Healey hardtops are also white sometimes.

Think I will start my own business making hard top fittings (just kidding).

Waldi

8 minutes ago, lee said:

For me the two colour thing looks so wrong

Looks like you found the hard top and couldn’t afford to paint  it. 

In the case of my car, you are absolutely correct, I cannot afford to paint it.  Good job I did not find a blue one! :)  I think black works, hell it came that way.

TR6 with hardtop.jpg

IMAG0295 (2).jpg

Edited by Graham J
5 hours ago, lee said:

For me the two colour thing looks so wrong

Looks like you found the hard top and couldn’t afford to paint  it. 

Some like it, some don't. I'd prefer it in body colour but can live with it for now. In our summer it is a lot cooler in white.

My painter says that painting it will require stripping it including the head lining, all of which is in perfect condition. 

9 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Some like it, some don't. I'd prefer it in body colour but can live with it for now. In our summer it is a lot cooler in white.

My painter says that painting it will require stripping it including the head lining, all of which is in perfect condition. 

Then find a better painter, decent masking and there is no need to remove the headling.

Stuart.

4 hours ago, stuart said:

Then find a better painter, decent masking and there is no need to remove the headling.

Stuart.

Exactly.  Had many painted without removing the headlining. Glass out obviously but that’s easy. 

15 hours ago, stuart said:

Stuart.

I suppose I was assuming he was saying the headlining would need to come off from what he said about doing it properly. On reflection I think he was more saying there was a lot of work to remove trims, seals, glass etc and not to play with it because of its current condition.

I am sure lots of painters will mask it up and do it, this guy only does high quality and won't do part jobs.

I will leave it for the time being and then think about it. At the moment I prefer the top to be red but I'll see how I feel after a few months.