Tr4a trim kits and carpets-suppliers

Hi Guys. 

I am about to order a Trim kit and carpets for my TR4a restoration project.

However, in these troubled times, I have tried the usual suppliers, ie: TR Shop and John Skinner , and neither can provide any delivery date owing to not knowing whether they are going to be able to sustain production as a  consequence of the Virus.

Although they will take orders, but need payment up front, which I am reluctant to do as who knows how things may turn out and suppliers may not survive.

John Skinner's product are excellent  as I've used them before but quite a bit more expensive than the TR Shop which I have no experience of.

Any comments on either product would be appreciated.

Sad times. best wishes to all who might be effected by the virus.

Regards

Rich

Don Hoods do carpet sets although their basic sets don't have trimming on many of the edges and can frey over time. The more expensive wool ones are a lot better. 

Chris

Hi Roger, I thought that Moss did Trim kits from John Skinner but I thought I saw something in the catalogue that the panels were stitched not welded? Moss do not do my colour Midnight blue with white piping. Spoke with John yesterday and he is struggling to keep staff at work and that was before the schools close.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2020 at 3:41 PM, rvwp said:

Hi Roger, I thought that Moss did Trim kits from John Skinner but I thought I saw something in the catalogue that the panels were stitched not welded? Moss do not do my colour Midnight blue with white piping. Spoke with John yesterday and he is struggling to keep staff at work and that was before the schools close.

To clarify gents - we do not supply much to Moss these days; so safe to assume that the majority of trim parts supplied by them are not ours. 

We are still open and functional, albeit on reduced staff, so feel free to put orders in and we will be working our way through things before hopefully retiring to some semi normality in a few weeks time. 

Stay safe.

On 3/19/2020 at 3:41 PM, rvwp said:

TR Shop supplied a Midnight blue set for a previous resto for me so I would ask if they can order you one.

Stuart.

What happened to John Skinner's response?

Yes, he is a supplier, but surely his information was helpful to Rich and to any others wishing to re-upholster?

Those seeking information and suppliers should surely be made aware of what is available - and that's where this Forum helps.  I don't think we should take it that any posting by a supplier has to be put into the dustbin straight away because it is perceived as advertising.

Ian Cornish

+1 to Ian’s question.

I find it refreshing that the professionals chip in here to give advice, expose their difficulties and help us.

John Skinner’s post contained no advertising at all! It is a bit inconsistent to knock out a professionals useful reply to a question, but allow some supposed amateurs to blatantly advertise their wares

Moderators, please review your position on this or at least give us an explanation

james

Edited by james christie

Thank You Chaps.

I hid this post until such time as some moderators had a chance to view and discuss.

Having now done that, we are happy that this post does not contravene our rules and as such have reinstated same.

Thanks,

John.